Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file adapter issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Im workign on file to proxy scenario.

Im trying to pick the .xml file from the source directory on FTP server and archive the file on different directory.

In the communication channel monitoring I dont find any errors. The adapter is polling for every 30 seconds.

The processing mode specified is archive.

Im able to ping the FTP server in the command prompt.

I can view the directories in the FTP server by opening the link ftp://IP address in the browser.

Till yesterday file adapter is able to archive the files successfully.

I do not know why the file adapter is not archiving the file and sending the message to PI.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>I do not know why the file adapter is not archiving the file and sending the message to PI.

Check few things

a) Any disk space error ? Due to this file adapter cannot archive files.

b) Any permission or credentials issues (user/pwd) for the ftp server operation?

Hope that helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Thanks for the reply.

There is no issue with login details of teh FTP server. If there is an error, I would have got the error in the communicationchannel monitoring.

Do I change the file permissions.

The possible values allowed are Read, Write , Read and Execute for the users, administrator and System.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Usha.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check your disk space of that system. Talk to Basis. See what's going on over there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

I'm getting the below message in the communication channel monitoring log.

An error occurred while connecting to the FTP server 'host:21'. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 426 Unexpected reply codeConnection closed; transfer aborted.'. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

PI server is unable to make connection with FTP server.

What could be the reason for this error.

Sometimes the polling is taking and the file is picked by the adapter and sent to Integartion server.The message is successfully processed.

I'm using same communication channel parameters in Dev and QA.

In order to test in QA,I deactivated the channel in DEV and tested in QA. Testing was successfull in QA.

Again when I deactivated the channel in QA and activated in Dev, the file is not getting picked up by file adapter and the message is not being sent to Integration server in Dev.

I did not understand once the channel is deactivated and activated again, why the file adapter is unable to process the file.

Also I observed that when I connected to FTP server in Windows Command prompt teh timeout is 120s.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Jay.

Edited by: j r saithala on Oct 26, 2011 10:53 AM

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Check if there are any firewall issues connectiing to ur FTP Server.

Also check the file adapter threads are sufficient if not you need to increase the threads.

Regards,

Naveen

0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you try the note: 1623337 - File adapter polling but not processing any files - XI

It may be of help for your case.

Cheers,

Caio

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if SAP notes 1297495, 1265534 and 1461407 are applicable to your case.