cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS problem in combination with ArchiveLink, when defining a data carrier!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm fighting with a DMS problem in combination with ArchiveLink.

Direct archiving of files to object types is working, means content repository is setup properly and running via ArchiveLink (OAC0). SER-Doxis4 is setup as the external archiving solution.

The problem is now the following:

In the customizing in Document management->General data->Define data carrier, I define a carrier of type "archive".

When I then want to select a concrete archive to that data carrier in the subsequent dialog, I cannot select any configured content repository. In fact there is only one content rep. entry A2.

Why is there only A2, and no other entry in that selection list?

Do I have to register the content repositories also elsewhere, and not only in OAC0?

Many thanx in advance for proper ideas !

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Erich,

please check the entry in transaction OAC3 and verify that here for object type 'DRAW' the doc type 'DRW' is maintained. This is necessary for the archive. Please see also the SAP note 324211.

Further please see the SAP Online Documentation under:

SAP R/3 Enterprise Application Components

>> Cross-Application Components

>> Document Management

>> Original Application File of a Document Info Record

>> Preparing a Data Carrier

For further information on the DC20 settings please see also the documentation in the small blue information button under 'Define data carrier type "archive"'.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Christoph,

many thanx for your input! Now I can choose my repository when defining a data carrier! So I can send also now an original via DMS to the archive. I can open it in the archive (SER Doxis4).

But via SAP I cannot open it, because it says "ArchiveLink: No archived document can be found".

The reason is because there is no corresponding entry written in the TOA01 table. Why...?

(When I archive a file via GOS, it works...)

Maybe you can also help, would be fantastic!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Christoph,

you can consider my last post as obsolete, I was just toostupid tpo recognize, that the TOA01 is written when storung the DMS object.

So again - many thanx for your help

Best regards,

Erich

Answers (0)