cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound E-mail config

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing an issue in inbound E-mail config. Actually I did the setting as per the documentation for NetWeaver 2004 which uses SMTP. I can send an E-mail to any outbound E-mail address. But I can not recieve any E-mail to any sap user inbox.

Anybody has any idea?

while sending e-mail from outside to the sap user, do I need to use the same E-mail address which I have mentioned in the address tab of SU01 maintenance screen for E-mail?

Thanks,

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SAP system generally receives email back on TCP port 25000 (that is the default setting) instead of port 25. You can see the current settings within transaction SICF or locate the profile parameter is/SMTP/virt_host_#. and see what the setting is there. So any incoming email needs to be directed back to this non-standard port number.

Have you looked in the header of any failed messages? That would also be a good place to check for any possible routing issues.

Thanks,

Joe Haynes

Denver, CO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if this is not solved ...

The e-mail address has to be a newly created one e.g. your system name with the client perhaps: Z01-010.com

Your colleague who maintains the mailservers has to define a route that these domain should be forwarded to your SAP server and port.

The mailsetting in su01 has to point to this id/address and the type has to be e-mail and not the deftault remote-mail.

cheers,

Joerg

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

See this <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2b/d925bf4b8a11d1894c0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm">link</a>, here you'll find all the info required to configure incoming e-mails.

Hope this help!

Juan

Please reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for the link. I have already referred this documentation and configured the system accordingly. But I am still not able to receive E-mail in SAP Inbox.

Do you have any specific suggestions?

Thanks,

Vinod