cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing date(fkdat) in sales order item is not copied from Goods Issue Date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

we are facing problem at item level billing date field.This field should be filled with the GI Date in schedule lines shipping tab.

but, it(billing date) is not being filled with goods issue date but, with the required deliver date at sales order header.

Please give me a solution and the root cause. This is urgent as business is halted.

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Billing date will be determined from requestred delivery date of header but not from GI date in shipping tab in Schedule lines. You can check by changing the requested delivery date.

I hope this will solve your issue.

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pavan

No. The billing date should be filled with goods issue date. because, the delivery will become due for billing only when the goods issue has happened.

so, the billing date should be GI Date.

you can check the same by pressing F1 in the billing date Field.

Thanks

Kumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
so, the billing date should be GI Date

Yes this GI date would flow when you execute VF01 / VF04 but it will not update in sale order. Hope your query is why it is not updating in sale order.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmipati

This is from SAP Screen

"If invoice dates are defined for the customer, the system proposes the billing date from the invoice date calendar. If no invoice dates are agreed, then the actual goods issue date is formed on the basis of delivery related billing. In order related billing, the billing date of the order forms the basis of the billing date."

earlier it is happening as desired.i.e., billing date=GI Date.

but, as of now it is taken from the required delivery date.

Please give me solution

Kumar

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mahesh,

Please tell us whether its a Order related billing or delivery related billing.

However, the reason has been explained by Mr.Lakshmipathi

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hegal

This is delivery related billing only. Yes, I got it that, the billing date will be updated with goods issue date according to what is maintained at item level in the copy controls from delivery to billing [VTFL].

But, is it for sure that the billing date in sales order is copied with required delivery date in the sales order header.

Thanks

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked with this customisation.

In VTFL for header maintain copying requirement as 003

In VTFL for item maintain copying requirement as 004 for item category

PGI date is copied into Billing date field.

Hope this helps

Reagdrs,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharan

my issue is not with copy controls from delivery to billing!

It is happening at the time of order creation only!.

in [VA01] as i am creating sales order, the billing date field at item level billing tab is filled with the date in required delivery date not with the goods issue date.

Please give me a solution.

Thanks

Mahesh