cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template does not fit into the window : Working fine in Print preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When I take the print preview of the smartform it is working fine.

But when I try to take the print.

the output type does not get processed and the error it states is "Table %TEMPLATE3 does not fit into window.".

I checked out the alignment of the TEMPLATE mentioned and it looks correct , also as said above I am getting the print preview.

No sure why it is failing when I take the print.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is very common issue.

Like Aidan said, you need to increase the width of the window size which contains table %TEMPLATE3.

Check this tread also:

[]

I hope it resolved your problem.

Regards,

Suresh

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a general problem when pritning to line pritners. For the device types of a line printer(driver STN2), there are some limitations of the ESC/P printer language regarding placing text.(see SAP Note 19807)

There is some rounding required and it results in this issue. It should resolve the problem to slightly increase the size of the window containing the template.

Regards,

Aidan

koolspy_ultimate
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to change the template size or try using different printer type.

Can i know which printer type you are using.

Regards,

koolspy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Irfan,

This is very generic problem with form printing.

Basically we need to see the print output(Hard copy) For veryfying, becoz finally that is what the End User would be wanting .

If your template doesnot fits your requirement as per the functional guy you can just show him the final O/P and get the layout dimensions changed however the final hardcopy print O/P should be fine.

Best Regards,

Daljeet Singh