cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps in NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am new to NWDI and having some questions.

I have downloaded a project from repository in development infrastructure perspective using the create project option and made some changes in a DC.I have seen in SDN and in help.sap that a DC should be sychronized before making any changes.

i have seen the following options in the development infrastructure prespective when I right click on a DC under sync/create project option.

Sync Active sources,Sync inactive sources,Sync Archives,Resync,Sync used DC.

Please let me know which option I need to choose to make the DC in sync state and what are the purpose of other options.

Regards

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

one addition regarding your other question:

Sync Active sources,Sync inactive sources,Sync Archives,Resync,Sync used DC.

Please let me know which option I need to choose to make the DC in sync state and what are the purpose of other options.

Have a look at this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/49/2d600d07361903e10000000a42189c/frameset.htm

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thanks a lot for your help. This is the link I was looking for.

Regards

Rajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

if you create the project, then the corresponding DC (for which you created the project) as well as all the dependent used DCs will be automatically synced by the NWDS, so basically this case there are no additional steps to be taken.

Best Regards,

Ervin

pramod_gopisetty1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When creating a project you create from Inactive DC's, and it's recommended to sync sources before creating the project to ensure you have latest changes which are in active DC's.

To explain, you have multiple user's making changes to same DC, and when you are creating the project you don't know whether you have all the changes done by others when creating a project from Inactive DC's view.

So to ensure you have the changes done by other users to the DC you need to synce the sources.

In NWDS, in Development Component Perspective go to Inactive DC's view and select Sync Sources from the right click menu before creating project.

To explain the flow of changes

Track_D-inactive workspace -> track_D-active workspace -> Track_C-inactive workspace -> Track_C-active workspace -> Assembly -> Test -> Approval -> Production

Track_D - Development buildspace

Track_C - Consolidation buildspace.

Hope this helps.

Cheers-

Pramod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pramod,

Thanks a lot for your response.

We are in CE 7.1 and I can not find anything called Development Component prespective there.Do you mean the Development Infrastructure Prespective I need to go?

In Development Infrastructure there is no view called Inactive DC View ( I checked from window->show view -> other).

I can see my SC and DCs in the Component Browser and if I right click on the DC in the component browser I find the different options of synchronization as I have mentioned under sync/create project.

Regards

Rajesh