cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual Start Date vs Actual End Date - Activity

Former Member
0 Kudos

In an Activity, I would like to seperately enter the Actual Start Date and Actual End Date.

- If I try this using (partial) confirmation, I receive a pop-up with an error that the two dates must be entered together or no dates can be entered.

The activity in my project can take over a year to complete and the requirement is to confirm start (at start) and to confirm end (at end).

Does anyone know of a solution for this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I think you need to research a bit more on confirmations in PS. Actual dates in partial confirmations are practically interpreted as provisional actual start dates and actual finish dates. The actual start for the activity remains the same however the actual finish date is overwritten once the final confirmation is entered.

For example, take an activity with start date 05.09.2011 and finish date as 14.09.2011. Now when you provide confirmations on a daily basis, you can use the following strategy:

Day 1, 05.09.2011: actual start 05.09.2011, actual finish 05.09.2011, % complete 10%

Day 1, 06.09.2011: actual start 05.09.2011, actual finish 06.09.2011, % complete 20%

Day 1, 07.09.2011: actual start 05.09.2011, actual finish 07.09.2011, % complete 25%

Only when you provide the final confirmation the actual finish date is confirmed. The various confirmation line items may be viewed via CN48N.

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ammar,

Thank you for your quick reply, and for the good example.

Unfortunitely, the only functionality I need from the confirmation is the actual date(s). I was hoping to write these seperately so that the actual end date in AFVV stayed empty until the time of final confirmation.

From your answer I suppose this is not possible. Is this assumption correct?

- If this is not possible I may be able to adapt using a date/status combination.

Thanks in advance for confirmation, and thanks again for your help!

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your assumption is correct Patrick, I'm afraid it wont be possible. You may use a user field to record the actual start date and copy it when doing the final confirmation in addition to providing the actual finish date.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ammar