cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 7.3 - Portal Applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to deploy a custom application in NW 7.3. The custom SC contains few Portal, Webdynpro applications.

As NW 7.3 doesnt support PAR files i have used PAR migration tool to convert PAR into EAR.

I have deployed these files directly into server and the application is not working.Iam not sure whether this is the correct way,but if i recompile the code and deploy using NWDS it doesnt accept PAR files.

Can someone guide me how to move forward with the above situation.

To brief ...I have one SC

Inside SC we have 3 WDJ applications ,3 portal applications and few external libs.

Thanks,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

i have gone through the links and due to missing dependencies the application was throwing an error.I have added the dependencies and after that the system was throwing a different error saying that it was not able to identify the references.

"Error occurred on server 2723550 during startApp of bwt.com/abaptlvgavoc : com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Application bwt.com/abaptlvgavoc cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to the following resources, which are currently not available on the system: hard to SAPPORTAL/com.sapportals.htmlb (public) (f=true, cl=false);"

I have added the references in Build path manually and also it is present in Build Dependencies.

Have modified Portalapps file and JSP files using Sdn help and eventhough getting the same problem.

Got struck in finding out what went wrong.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to add it in dc level as dependency.

build path won't work for dc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The build component FRAMEWORK-EXT contains com.sapportals.htmlb and it has been added at DC level.

I have added it in buildpath just to try other options as well.It is still throwing an exception as above.

br,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

The build component FRAMEWORK-EXT contains com.sapportals.htmlb and it has been added at DC level.

I have added it in buildpath just to try other options as well.It is still throwing an exception as above.

br,

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

You can try to convert the PAR files into SDA as per note 1223957 "Usage of NetWeaver Packaging Tool".

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Blanca