cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOE EWA configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i am trying to configuring EWA for BOE . i am not getting steps on how to proceed with the installation, Can someone help

Thanks,

Ranjith

Edited by: Toby Johnston on Oct 6, 2011 7:14 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean EWA ?

And have you followed the installation guide? (resource here www.service.sap.com/rsc)

the Early Watch Alert report will ( after +1 week of having a fully configured and operational RSC installation ) be written to your SMP Service Inbox

regards,

Henry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry

yes I refer to EWA. is it possible to just configure EWA without having to install RSC. I saw in one of the document that we need a separate server to install RSC ? Is it required ?

Thanks,

Ranjith.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

the other altenative for EWA report generation is Solution Manager.

Both approaches use Wily InstroScope and SMDAgents - so there is no shortcut to avoiding installation and config!

for you other question, please refer to the documentation http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000088888&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&;

regards,

H

Edited by: Henry Banks on Oct 5, 2011 10:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry

I have installed the SMD, configured RCA for BOE. i am seeing the diagnostics agent running in agent administration in solution manager. I am seeing a EWA session created for BOE. When i click go to SDCCN DATA center seeing error trusted RFC not maintained in SMSY for system BOE_QAS. How to fix it ?

Thanks,

Ranjith

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I must admit - not ever having used SolMan - i do not know.

However there is a configuration guide called u201CEND-TO-END ROOT CAUSE ANALYSIS - SYSTEM LANDSCAPE SETUP GUIDEu201D

that i always refer to customers. Available under: http://service.sap.com/diagnostics -> media library -> SAP Solution Manager Landscape Setup Guide -> Pages 150 to 185

Direct Link: http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01200252310000086995&_SCENARIO=01100035870000000202&_O...

Regards,

H

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Ranjith,

Since you are using Solution Manager and not remote support component to generate EWA, I will move this post to the Solution Manager forum.

Regards,

Toby Johnston

SAP America, Inc.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henry Banks is correct. Use the Root Cause Analysis Setup Guide. There's a lengthy section there for BO, esp. for BOXIR3. That should suffice.

However, do know there are 1 or two glitches in the procedure, as concerns Products. For whatever reason, we couldn't see BO XI R 3.1 within the product family.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have configured RCA for BOE system. I am able to see workload analysis data. I have issues in creating EWR session alone. I created session in DSWP and after a day the session shows red rating.(overdue for data). I open the session and click call SDCCN center. I am getting error no rfc defined in SMSY. I have created BOE system as undefined in SMSY. I am also not seeing data for change analysis and exception analysis. Can someone guide?

Thanks,

Ranjith

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

Unfortunately, I do not have permissions to move this thread to the Solution Manager forum where it needs to be. However, I have requested that the SDN administrator move this thread there but I do not know how long this may take.

Alternatively, you may re-post your issue in the Solution Manager forum as they will be better suited to solve your issue with Solution Manager.

Sincerely,

Toby Johnston

SAP America, Inc.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Ranjith,

Please review the following resources to assis tin your BOE EWA setup,

SAP Note 1507629 - Preparing a BOE system for Service Sessions in Sol. Manager. (Prepare the BOE system)

SAP Solution Manager Landscape Setup Guide (Define the BOE system in Solman)

4.39 SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI R2

4.40 SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.0 & 3.1

4.41 SAP Business Objects Explorer XI 3.2

SAP Note 1357901 - RCA: Managed System Setup for SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise ( Setup Diagnostics)

You want to setup Root Cause Analysis for one of the following products

with SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EhP1:

- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI R2

- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.0

- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1

- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 SP2

- SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 SP3

Note Attachments:

EGI_SBOP_EWA_Part1.pdf (Create the EWA)

EGI_SBOP_EWA_Part2.pdf (These are pretty complete guides)

Service Content Update Note u2013 1143775 (Keep content up to date independent of SP)

Further assistance available:

https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000950242010E.pdf (EGI)

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjith,

I have the same issue..

In my case..I can see the report..but with bare minimum data..report does not even have the server name !

Looks like a sample report.

Also; on the main Solution Overview screen, I have the red flag..but when you navigate inside..the report is available in the form of a word icon (no Yellow, Green, Red status)..which on opening shows a kind of sample report with version information.

Also, if I try to manually fetch data..I see the "No RFC defined in SMSY" message..please help.

Thank you,

-S.