cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle LOV on BO XI R2 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hope that I've posted on the right forum.

The values of different objects (from my universe on BO XI R2) are simply numbers. Those numbers are associated with litteral values but not in the database.

For example : 0 for Yes and 1 for No

How can I handle this on Designer ?

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MariannevL
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This is guessing that what you want to do is explain the numeric list to the customer in the list of values.

There are two options:

1) - create the 'explanation text' object like mentioned earllier.

- go to the numeric object and go on the second tab, in the bottom half you have the option to edit the list of values associated with the object.

- here you are presented the query that will be done by default (just the number object), add the text object and save, make sure you check export with universe!

- export the universe

- now if you ask for an lov this new query will be used, the user will see the two objects, number and text, side by side.

2) - go to tools, edit lists of values.

- Use personal data (excel files or text files) to create the lists of values, this will be a fixed list, not meant to be refreshed at runtime, so make sure the list is complete and accurate.

- export the universe.

- now if you ask for an lov this pre-filled list will be used. Note refresh is not possible, because your users do not have the underlying file.

Hope this helps,

Marianne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create an object with the case statement like below

case when object='0' then 'yes'

when object='1' then 'no'

end

Regards,

Ragoth.C

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to remind you : Tech Support for this product ended June 30th 2011

I'm not sure where LOVs come into the picture, but i'd do this at document level with some variables (if it's just a display issue for end users) .. something like : If '0' Then 'Yes' Else 'No'

regards,

H