cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring CCMS alerts for Availablity Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are in the process of configuring availablity monitoring in central system (solution Manager 7.0 with SP stack 23) to monitor all systems (ABAP,Java,Dual Stack, Trex,DMS,etc) in landscape.

As a first step, we have registered CCMS agents in monitored (ABAP) system and connected to central system (Solman)

All the required RFCu2019s have been defined for data transfer between monitored and central system

In RZ20,i could see the availablity as 100% for the defined moniored system under SAP CCMS Technical Expert Monitors>All Contexts on Local Application Server>CCMS self monitoring >CCMS agents>CCMSPING.hostname

Not sure whether above path is the place where in we look for alerts

Please clarify the below points

i) how to configure the email alerts (in RZ20) from the central system when monitored system is down

ii) the path in which I can find the alerts in RZ20 for that monitored system or how to add the monitored system incase if that doesnt exists

iii) MTE class under which analysis, auto reaction method to be assigned ?

iv). data collection method and frequency

v). Which MTE class to be used to assign the Autoreaction method (CCMS_test_mail alredy defined)

Appreciate your quick response on this

Thanks,

vadi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are plenty of documents available for configuring these alerts.

Please refer the following:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/30237989-0901-0010-70a4-944691eb5e52

http://help.sap.com/SAPHELP_NW04s/helpdata/EN/38/9e100dd7980fffe10000009b3810a5/content.htm

Also browse through SMP for more guides.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Still i m having an issue in handling the RZ20 alerts managemnent

In RZ20,

i) i able to see the added monitoried system id under the node CCMS Monitor templates>Availablity & performance overview>Availablity-->monitored sys id

ii) When i click on open staus for the above node turns to green color

ii) when i click on current status the node turns to grey color

I am not sure whether the data collection is being passed since it doesnt turn red when the system is down

However the dispatching jobs are active in both CEN and monitored (000 client) systems

Appreciate your response

Thanks,

Vadi