cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM - multiple change docs

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are using ChaRM 7.0 SP25 and know that there is a 1:1 relationship for CR:CD.

However, we would like to have 1:many relationship (CR:many CD).

I have found this article from this website:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/60813c24-1b01-2e10-e6a2-eb083f326cf7&override...

I have followed these instructions and removed the 'X'.

However, I still can't find where I can add multiple Change Documents.

Has anyone done this?

Thanks

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agent 009, I don't know if this is in your plan, but Solution Manager 7.1 will definitely allow a 1:M relationship between a change request and change documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

The transport request cannot be released if it is not assigned to the person who click on the "Release transport request" action in the worklist.

This is the case when you create multiples CD from a CR.

But the problem doesn't exist if you create one CD from one CR.

Thanks.

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Quite often when a change is needed, there is several 'parts' to the change. ie. development, configuration, batchjob, security etc.

This means there could be three or four "developers" working on the one CR.

Instead of having one CD which would have all of these tasks merged together, we would prefer to have a CD for each person. This also means they're not waiting on anyone else if they wish to progress to QAS for testing. If it was the one CD, all transports have to be released/imported at the same time which could be difficult to manage.

We know that for ONE CD, you can create multiple transports and assign them to different people. However, we just feel multiple CD's will suit us best. You could also have a CR for each "task", but this would result in too many CR's and the approvals would get annoying and meaningless.

We have got multiple CD's working, however as mentioned above, the only way to add a new one is to change something in the CR (ie. description) and then click save which will add a new CD. But of course this means the CR has been updated also which doesn't really reflect what we want.

Thanks

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Thanks for these tips.

We can now create several CD from one CR, but we cannot release transport requests from the CD but it is possible from the tasklist.

Did you face this problem ? And how did you solve it ?

Thank you;

Regards.

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok I found a way to do this, but it's not really ideal.

If you click on the 'change' icon against the approved Change Request, and then click save, it will say "No data was changed" and nothing will happen.

However, if you click 'change' icon against the approved CR, change some information (ie. description), and then click save, it will create a new Change Document. You can repeat this as many times as you want, and a new CD will be created based on the updated CR.

This is all good, except that means the CR is being changed as well. So whatever the last CD is, the CR will be a replica of this. Surely there's a way to create a CD without having to do it this way? We don't want the CR changing once it's been approved so although this works, it's not really suitable.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just curious, why do you want a 1:M relationship?