cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

Actually I'm configuring my managed systems in my solution manager system (SOLMAN_SETUP -> Managed systems configuration)

When I try to configure the DBA cockpit connection I get a message like this

SQL Error 18456: [Microsoft][OSBC Sql Server Driver][SQL SERVER] Login failed for user 'eccadm''

Is my 'eccadm'' user wrong?

Which user is the right one?

NOTE: I actually can connect locally or remotely in sql server management studio using this user

How should I fill these fields?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you refer the Note 1388700 - SQL Server Remote Database Monitor in Solution Manager 400 yet ?

Read the point 6 in 'Setting up the database connection'

6. For User Name please enter the SQL Server login name which should already exist.  Also enter the password for the login.  Click Next.

As already stated above, if the target system is an SAP system you must not use the pre-existing <sid>adm account that already exists on that target server. You must create a new SQL login and use it.

In most cases, whether the target has an SAP system or not, it makes sense to create a new SQL login on every target system and only use that login for the Solution Manager system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Try for this fix

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925744

Thanks & regards

bala

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186895
Participant
0 Kudos

check sap note 1458291

former_member186895
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

Run tcode dbacockpit tcode in managed system.

then check which user it has used to get connected user that user for dba parmeter.

Also make sure that your daig agent is connected with solman.

Thanks

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your answers

I applied note 1458291and this solved my issue

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glad your issues is resolved, if you can share what exactly the fix you applied from that Note ?

It would be helpful for some people who are working on Solman 7.1

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I only had to change the authentication mode in my sql server (I had windows autenthication, then I changed to mixed authentication) and created a user in my sql server management studio with SYSADMIN role

Then I used that user

Solved!