cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting around the obstacle of having a HU for one and only delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

We right now are picking partial quantities(not a complete SU) in to a rack that is also the shipping rack. Sometimes the pick quantities are really small so in that case to fill up the room in the rack we pick parts of different delivery in to the rack(this is done only physically, we paste the different HU lable on the rack to keep track of it). So, in the system; one HU belongs to only one delivery but physically the rack contains two HU labels from two different deliveries. We are right now thinking to get around this issue.

I was thinking about using wave picks there by we groud multiple deliveries in to a wave pick by shipment# as this shipment would go to only one customer. I haven't done this before so have some few questions. I can created TOs w.r.t to this wave pick. Can I have a HU for a wave pick? If I can't, I don't see the benefit of using wave pick or grouping outbound deliveries. Even if I use pick HUs, when I try to repack it in to shipping HU, again this would be delivery specific. The shipment does goes in to a box truck with these racks inside it. I can use nested HU here but how?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The first question here is is your picking location HU managed.

If it is HU manages you will have to pack the items at TO level. Here you can configure in "Automatic PIck HU" config node for the system to assign Pick HU automatically at the time of TO creation. This HU will be automatically copied to the Delivery.

If the location is not HU managed, then it is not mandatory to assign the HU when you create the TO. However you can still do that have the "Pick and Pack" check box on in the config node for Shipping control config node. Now you can assign a HU at the time of TO Confirmation. If you chose not to do so, you can directly assign the HU at the Delivery level.

Either way if you want to have a single HU for the entire Shipment, once you have assigned the deliveries to a shipment document, you will have to perform another level of packing and assign a higher level HU at the sipment level which is applicable to all the Deliveries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

We are picking multiple deliveries in to a same rack if the deliveries are not big enough to fill the rack entirely by itself. This rack goes on to a box truck. This action is not captured right now. This is because business wants to maximize the space available on these racks. A box truck can have only4-5 racks right now. No nested HU here. Yes, locations are HU managed. Even if I use a pick HU, I can't have same pick HU for two pick TO belonging to different deliveries. Can you see the problem?

I was thinking of picking the parts for all deliveries in the rack using two step picking. After the allocation step, i.e once deliveries get updated, pack these parts in Shipment doc. Packing happens only once. What parts go in to which rack is not accounted here based on how I understand the current process I don't think it is important. So, I am good here.

Can anyone tell me why SAP allows HU have to one and only one delivery? Just curious?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do a second level of packing from the shipment (in VT02n) where you create a single HU for all the delivery items in the shipment.

This way you will have nested individual HU created at TO level (which will be copied to the Delivery) and a higher level HU at shipment level (This as mentioned can be done only from the Shipment change/create transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are tying to use wave picks by shipment function of SAP. In this way we group all deliveries and a create a wave pick for a shipment because all our deliveries goes to one ship to. Can you please explain how HU would be handled here? The subsequent functions in wave picks would allow me to create TO in reference to the wave pick. Is the HU too assigned to a wave pick?