cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying portal schema to Web Dynpro Application called via absolute URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

In scenario I'm working on I have a WDA integrated into Portal iView. This application has a custom portal theme applied.

This WDA has a exit plug with URL parameter that, when executed, opens other Web Dynpro application using its absolute URL.

The problem is that called application does not retain the portal theme.

Is it possible to apply Portal theme to WDA called using absolute URL not using static address of portal theme from MIME repository ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i understand it should apply the portal theme when it runs in portal, however the stylesheets version should match.

See this documentation for further learning

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/af752005c92fe1e10000000a42189d/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/47/af752005c92fe1e10000000a42189d/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does run in the portal , but the portal theme is only applied to one WDA. The one that has an iView created for it.

All WDR addressed via URL have default portal theme. I tried using WDFORCEEXTERNALSTYLESHEET , but with no effect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if i understand you correctly. if it is not running in portal then how do you expect that the portal theme get applies.

if this is the case and you want portal them then you have to download the portal theme and create a new theme in WDA,upload to wda server.

WDFORCEEXTERNALSTYLESHEET would not help you either see my earlier link to stylesheet. it is explained there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

I think that you have to create the iview for the other WDA application which you are calling using the absolute URL.

Then, in the exit plug for your WDA applicatication using the absolute navigation call the this iview using the PCD.

Example of Absolute navigation :

DATA lr_port_manager TYPE REF TO if_wd_portal_integration.
  lr_compcontroller =   wd_this->get_componentcontroller_ctr( ).
  l_component = lr_compcontroller->wd_get_api( ).
  lr_port_manager = l_component->get_portal_manager( ).

* The value inserted into the navigation-target field can be found in the Portal
* content administration tab of your portal. It is the ID or PCD Location field

wa_navigation-target = pcd.
  wa_navigation-mode   = '0'.  "0 = INTERNAL(same page) and 1 = EXTERNAL(new page).

CALL METHOD lr_port_manager->navigate_absolute
    EXPORTING
      navigation_target = wa_navigation-target
      navigation_mode   = wa_navigation-mode.

Hope it helps!

Warm Regards,

Upendra Agrawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Upendra!

Thank you for your reply.

I was aware of possibility of portal navigation , but in my solution I would like to use only one iView.

P.S. For portal navigation do I need only PCD link or also to create an OBN ?