cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define a Multi Language Roadmpa in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus.

How can I define a multi language roadmap in Solution Manager?

I'm defining a roadmap using the RMAUTH transaction, but I've just defined the roadmap in English.

I need to have the roadmap in two more languages... What is the procedure to built it?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elaine,

the text that is displayed in the structure can have two different sources:

1. If no document is assigned or if the flag 'Name copied from assigned topic, if there is one' is not set the texts are read from

table IATNODE01T. To translate this table you need to know the corresponding table keys. There's a tree ID which is the same for the

whole roadmap and a node ID that is unique for each structure element.

To find out these IDs call the roadmap authoring tool (RMAUTH) and select a node. then type 'NODE_INFO' into the ok-code field (on the top left just under the menu) and press enter. A popup with the node information opens. The structure ID corresponds to the TREE_ID in table IATNODE01T and the Node ID is the NODE_ID.

2. If a topic document is assigned and the mentioned flag is set (which is the standard) the text that is displayed will be taken from the title of the assigned document. The translation of the document is possible in the Knowledge Warehouse (transaciotn SI80). There you can find the documents in the folder they are assigned to. Normally all documents of one roadmap are saved in one folder.

If you are not sure about the folder name you can look it up in the roadmap authoring environment RMAUTH. Select the relevant structure element and choose 'Document Attributes' at the document display on the right side. Then select 'Display' to open a popup that contains the folder name of the topic document.

I hope this information helps to translate the roadmap.

Kind regards,

Fabricius

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I translate the roadmap usint the transaction SI80? I am not familiar with the functionality of this transaction...

I have added the folder, but I'm getting the message "No info object to be translated"

Thanks.

Edited by: Elaine Cristina Da Costa Silva on Dec 29, 2011 1:50 AM