Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No authorization for Write trip 0000000000

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am testing the HR Expense authorization. While creating expense I am getting authorization error

"No authorization for Write trip 0000000000". I have trace the error log and applied the configuration in profile as suggestion, however it is still failing. I am using SAP ERP 6.0 (702).

Kindly let me know your thougt on above situation and to overcome from it.

Thank you,

Kailash

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would interpret the trip number to mean that it does not exist and the error message is misleading.

Very often authorizations are "blamed" for configuration and data dependent testing errors.

Adding more authorizations usually does not solve the problem. Unfortunately it sometimes does, but creates a mess...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

In this case it might mean that an authorization check is performed before getting trip number from number range. The standard tools such as authorization trace or help from developer should help to resolve this issue. For example jumping into debugger and setting a break point on ABAP statement MESSAGE should quickly identify why the message is raised.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you all for your response. I spent expensive amount of time with developer and found out it was failing on value for field AUTHF under P_Travl object which was not all captured under standard trace log. Surprise... :-(. Also there were cetain internal table issue, from where the sytsem is checking the default value and based on that default value the authorziation check was taking place. Do not know there magic but it seems I am back on business. Regards, Kailash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check user authorization to create trip. Check for authorization object P_TRAVL and provide value 'W10' to object AUTHF (Operation and "Old Status").

Hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks