cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port and ALE Configurations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Client asked to include one mroe client in the ECC QAS server. The new client is 210 while the previous one was 200.

Now this ECC QAS sends Idocs to PIQ. I have already configured all the settings needed for Idoc communication in Client 200. Now should I create the WE21 port, WE20 partner profile all again to set up Idoc communication. The PI system is the same for both ECC QAS 200 and 210

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now this ECC QAS sends Idocs to PIQ. I have already configured all the settings needed for Idoc communication in Client 200. Now should I create the WE21 port, WE20 partner profile all again to set up Idoc communication. The PI system is the same for both ECC QAS 200 and 210

Yes, WE21 for Port, pointing at your PIQ RFC Destination (SM59). Then WE20 Partner Profile should point at that IDOC port.

If you have delivery problems check SM58 in ECC for connection troubles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Port is always SAP followed by system ID. If I use same port name for the PI server from both ECC client 200 and client 210 will it throw any error /

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think is OK because IDOC ports are client specific, but RFC Destinations are not. So you will have duplicate IDOC port names in separate clients, pointing to the same RFC Destination which is shared.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aaron

No, it doesn't work. When I tried to create a port in new client to PIQ, it says the port already exists. I think it will not allow it

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are getting this message in WE21?

I just verified this and can create duplicate IDOC ports in the separate ERP clients to my heart's content.

Sorry, maybe I'm missing some of the picture Ajith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aaron

I somehow missed thsi thread. I was able to create it. Thanks for your help

Ajith

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

You need to do the ALE settings for your new client to communicate with PI server.

Regards,

Naveen