cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple senders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a scenario SOAP -to PROXY ( Synchronous) . PI 7.1 will expose the web service so that sender can call in.

Now we have many systems which can send the request via SOAP (more than 10)

Instead of making point to point connection for each system, i am thinking, would there any way that i do one scenario which can be used by all.

My another requirement is to identify, from where the request came in.

My solution was to create third party BS in SLD and let all the systems use the same End point containing this BS.

Although this BS does not reflect the correct sender system but i guess with Third party system, it does not matter unless the sender system gives proper end points. But in this case how to identify which source send the request.

I have option of modifying the sender request to add source but this be in payload and want something to

seen in SXMB_MONI to quickly monitor it.

Thanks & please advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

martin_dejl2
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you find solution of your problem? Could you share your experience and close the thread in that case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. I am still working on it. May be user ID is the solution. What do you think?

martin_dejl2
Participant
0 Kudos

Well I'm 99% sure it's the solution of your problem. It thought you have tried it already.

Please try it and let us know.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Webservice is meant for supporting multiple users or sender systems.

You can design single interface with sender business component as business service. Create WSDL and provide this to all your sender clients.

option 1)

If the requirement is feasible,as you mentioned modify payload to include sender details and you can retrieve it easily. This is easiest solution.

option 2)

If the payload structure is not allowed to change then you might request the sender systems to send a customized soap header information where they can enter user details. During mapping you can retrieve user details and identity each sender.

martin_dejl2
Participant
0 Kudos

But both options will not allow to distinguish real sender in SXI_MONITOR transaction. I think that's the main problem here.

martin_dejl2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

in your case I'd not define Business System but Business Service. It's not a problem to do it as you did it and it'll work but in such case it's more "service" then "system".

Solution for you which I see is very simple. Use for each system different system user and the same Comm. Channel. In SXI_MONITOR report you can modify the layout and add User Name column to it.

Then you will be able to distinguish the systems and use only one service/channel/URL.

Let me please know if it was useful for you.

Martin