cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Source Chat Universe Design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends

I appreciate folks taking time and providing potential solutions with your responses. Currently, i am looking into designing a universe to track our agent and customer chat sessions to analyse employee performance and provide metrics reporting via web intelligence. Unfortunately, there is not much documentation or subject related topics available from our usual sources. We are currently in the designing and modeling phase within our JAD sessions.

Essentially, the reporting matrix revolves around capturing chat matrics like Total offered/Total handled/Abandon rate/Average wait time/session time/response time/new acct queue calls etc. Additionally there will be Chat satisfaction survey related reports. There is also a CHAT breakdown metrics numbers to determine static/proactive/reactive etc chat aggragates.

Please let me know if any of our forum member has worked in a similar assignment and would like to share their insight or experience with me. That will be a big help on this forum.

Thank you all

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by "Chat sessions"? Like MSN or Twitter traffic ? i.e. 'Free text' with sentiments?

If yes, then the product you are looking for is Text Analysis and Data Services.

Of course you are not going to find a document showing you "how to build a semantic layer for Job application metrics". It's too specific, and BObj tools are totally free-form, not by Line Of Business or Industry Sector

You should work backwards from the reporting requirements, determine all the possible business questions, then build your universe ontop of the DB schema. etc

Good luck!

H

p.s. what you are asking for is essentially Consulting to help facilitate your project. Unless there is money involved, i doubt you will solicit the response you need. Forums are for collaboration and sharing tips/tricks, not project development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Henry,

This is entirely for knowledge base within our forum. Chat subject area within official network and social sites does provide tremendous amount of data. This could be used in performance matrix reporting and answer to many new analytics reducing cost and finding new answers to business in the management framework.

Since this is relatively newer subject area in building universe out of xml generated chat sessions with leg times, surveys and questions, I wanted to share among our forum to see if anybody has had worked in similar subject to provide their insight and experience.

Unfortunately, your post script note is out of context and is not appealing. It does lack a forum community spirit.

Thanks

Nick

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Of course, I understand your position. However, I have positioned the correct product. You can trust me on that.

My pushback was purely because of the very specific metrics and business requirements you quoted. I need to stress that our DataServices solutions are not packaged by Line Of Business (LOB) or industry best-practices marts. (unlike SAP ERP or BO EPM offerings, for example)

I also wanted to set your expectations realistically, about the type of information flow which is most succesful in the context of a support forum. Please do not take offence by this.

Best of luck with your proofing efforts.

Regards,

H