cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help installing BOBJ 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm a BI developer and I'm trying to learn BOBJ os my company has let me learn and install BOBJ on one of our internal servers. I went onto SAP Service Marketplace and downloaded the new BOBJ 4.0 package. The install finished successfully but after, I could not find the Universe Designer Tool or the new Information Designer Tool... did I miss something or download the wrong package?

On Marketplace I downloaded it from Software Downloads -> BusinessObjects Downloads -> SAP Business Objects Portfolio -> Installation and Upgrade -> SBOP EDGE BI, STANDARD PACKAGE (FOR SAP ERP).

I also want to install Data Services 4.0 but it won't let me install it on the same server as BOBJ. Does it have to be installed on a separate machine?

Thank you,

Anthony

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

PPaolo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Anthony,

in the download site search for the SBOP BI PLATFORM 4.0.

You can then select one of two packages:

- SBOP BI PLATFORM 4.0 SP02 SERVER

or

- SBOP BI PLATFORM 4.0 SP02 CLIENT TOOLS

The server download contains the client tools so you don't need to download both.

If you just want to learn how to create and use universes in single source then the client package is enough, you will fine universe design tool, the information design tool and a Webintelligence rich client to play with.

If you want to learn about the platform or try multisource universes then you need to download and install the server package

Best regards

PPaolo

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sorry, i need to correct PP!

The SERVER media does NOT contain the CLIENT component.

you will need BOTH for your server

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, that fixed my issue. I was able to find the client tools package.

Answers (0)