cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Receipt: problem to get status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert!

I've a particular problem. I have implement the note for configure my SAP ECC 6.0 to use a SMTP node.

All correct... if the destination is in my domain but otherwise....

- Fact:

I've implemented a system that start an automation if the mail is correctly delivered.

- Problem:

If fail the delivery to an e-mail account of my domain came back a NDR that notify the failure and I'm able to see this in my sapoffice folder.

If the account is othe domain, sapoffice always say that is correctly delivered but isn't always true.

To the sender in outlook arrive always a correct NDR for the failure

I'm trying to follow two differnt way:

1. Discover why sap are not able to understand the error

2. Find a way to use sapoffice like outlook. (receive all the mail of account in sapoffice and interpretate this by abap code)

Could you give me some indication of one of two ways for configure my system?

Thanks in advance

Anima

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Anima,

First of all be aware there is a limitation with NDR's as the SMTP protocal does not support these.

So if there is an SMTP server in the mail relay the NDR's will be ignored.

NDR's are only supported by the (E)SMTP protocal. Hope this helps.

Thereafter also note the following:

trn SCOT -> settings -> confirm of receipt -> should be turned on

The problem here could be your mail routing settings on your recipient mail server.

You might not have correctly configured a unique email domain for the Sending SAP system (most mail servers route mail via domain).

So now the Non Delivery Request (NDR) is not correctly routed back to the sending SAP system and your mail will remain "in transit".

So if you have configured your Sender email address as for example User @ Domain.com, then your recipient mail server delivers your NDR back to your corporate email account (usually Outlook on desktop).

So if this is the problem then to solve it you will have to configure a unique email domain for all the SAP systems you wish to send mails from.

A good example is "User@<CLIENT>.<SID>.domain.com" and enter

*@<CLIENT>.<SID>.domain.com into the address space (routing rule) of your coporate mail server.

Now all NDR's created will be routed back to the correct sending SAP system.

Kind Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for delay, thanks for your help I've force the exchange administrator to follow your configuration

He always says "It's impossible to do"

thank you again

Answers (0)