cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver trial error: Path component contains reserved character (''):

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

After having failed my first ever Netweaver 7 64bit install on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, I decided to give it another go on a Windows 2008 R2 machine.

But this time it worse. Did not even make it to the password section.

Right after choosing the Java Runtime Environment, I get the following error:

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 2 > SAP Application Server ABAP > MaxDB > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step :Path component contains reserved character (''): ).

You can now:

Choose Retry to repeat the current step.

Choose Log Files to get more information about the error.

Stop the option and continue with it later.

Log files are written to C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW702/AS-ABAP/ADA/CENTRAL/.

So - which path contain a reserved character - and which character? ('') does not tell me so much

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Issue closed

former_member223431
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent Lim,

can you please share me how you resolve this issue.

please help me out from this error.

Regards,

RAjeshk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved it. But it was something completely different.

In the final log file was an error as a registry path contained "<" as part of a <localmachine> regedit entry key for SQLserverExpress..

Why this and sqlserver express should affect SAP installation is beyound me.

So it was an "<" reserved character, and not "" as stated in the error message. That is very confusing

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I think could be the service issue. have you enter any redundant '' in the path that you typed ?

Check and scan the windows Registry, try find like: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SAP<SAPSID>_<no>:

Key "ImagePath" > Value, see if there is any redundant " in the path.

if so, delete all quotes under it and restart the installation. if issue continues, check your environment setting, sapinst_dev.log, keydb.xml

regards,

Vincent