cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW 7.0 / Oracle on Linux clustering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to build NW 7.0 EHP1 and Oracle system on Red Hat linux clustering.

We've created 2 virtual packages for CI and DB.

We started with installing SCS installation and then with Database instance installation.

During Database installation SAPINST will prompt for the installation of Oracle.

But I'm not sure how can we start the oracle installation on virtual host.

While running SAPINST we used virtual hostname, but with oracle installer I couldn't find any option to specify the host while starting.

Please could anyone advise on this, any link to a document will be very helpful.

Regards,

Muthu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should install oracle software local on both the nodes using physical hostname only. Because database will move across the nodes but software will be local installation only on both nodes.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Oracle doesn't care. You won't be prompted for this information while installing the Oracle software.

SAP will, ie during CI installation you'll be asked for the db hostname. You'll give the virtual hostname there ( like dbserver.mydomain.com ) .

By the way, the software ( RDBMS ie what is supposed to be in /oracle/SID/102_64 or 112_64 ) should be installed once on shared storage not twice on each server.

The only oracle related thing you install on your CI will be the oracle client.

BR,

Steve.

Edited by: steve_78 on Oct 4, 2011 5:38 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks guys for the replies.

I'm going with the local installation of DB now (once not with virtual names), later on I'll try to failover the DB srvice and will let you know the results.

I've one more question about the same architecture not sure if that can be incorporated within this thread.

Do we need enqueue replication server on linux machine as well like we do in windows machine?

Regards,

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

>> Do we need enqueue replication server on linux machine as well like we do in windows machine?

Yes, you need

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I've been going through documents and most of them states that Enqueu server is for windows and linux it's take care at hardware level, moreover I can't see the option to install enqueue server in SAPINST for linux.

Please could you let me know how can we build enqueue server if it's required.

Thanks

Muthu

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The replicated enqueue server should be setup manually in release 7.0.

There are notes and SAP guides that decribe this.

I think setting replicated enqueue server wtih SAPINST comes with release 7.1.

BR,

Steve.

Edited by: steve_78 on Oct 5, 2011 6:02 PM