cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic creation of planned order in APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I originally posted this in PP and SD, however, it does now seem to be APO related.

Hence my posting here. Can you help? This is the question:

"How can we prevent that APO immediately creates a planned order when the purchase requisition is put in the system.

(apparently they set up the system as such that a flow then starts and automatically transforms the planned order into a production order).

We want to prevent APO to automatically create a planned order from the purchase req, we only want a planned order at a later stage, i.e. the finalised purchase order.

If a setting like this exists, can we activate this per plant?"

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the events maintained in the planning procedure assigned to the product.

Best Regards,

Chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

The control that you mentioned can be maintained at a product level, which is more granular than what you have asked for. Refer to the PP/DS tab of the product master and you will find a filed for PP planning procedure, which determines various actions that PP/DS executes for a specifi type of event. There are standard planning procedures (procedures 1-9) and ofcourse you can configure your own procedures as well.

The configurations here define if your dependents requirements have to created immediately or just a planning file entry has to be created or a product heuristic has to be started immediately or no action has to be taken!

Refer to below link for more info:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/en/c1/147a375f0dbc7fe10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Cheers,

Kalyan.