Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trasfer Data from "VAULT" to "KPRO"

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We have a requirement. A Document Type "ABC" has no KPRO tick. All the documents created under "ABC"Doc Type will have some originals attached to it. The are checked in "Vault".

Heres requirement.

1. User now want to store documents using "KPRO".

2. They also want what every original that are stored in "vault" for all DIR under "ABC" Doc type need to be availble in "KPRO".

For Point 1, I need to do one config in DC10. Mark "KPRO". So next time the user create doc he will be storing using KPRO.

My concern is point 2. How to proced. Also I need what are the consequences of Config Change.

Request your help.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Mangesh,

Refer to the note 389366 for reloaction of documents.

Regards

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Friends

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mangesh,

the report do you need ist DMS_KPRO_CONVERT.

see http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46b/helpdata/en/a0/53c8ecaa83d311ae690060b03c9bbe/content.htm

regards Iring

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amit/ Iring,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Will check both the inputs and provide you the feedback.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have query,

what does the statement means

*Complete migration * and *Step-by-step migration * in the link given by Iring.

In complete migration its says The meta data of the document info record and the checked-in original application files are migrated together

The meta data means what?

Is it means DIR Number, Description, status data?

We only want to migrate the Originals from "VAULT" to "KPRO". So if meta data means as above why there is option of meta data migration. As this data is already present in the SAP ECC.?

Needs your inputs.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Edited by: MANGESH PANDE on Oct 10, 2011 12:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

we did the migration in two steps. First the meta data, this runs very fast and after the migration of the meta data, all new files will go to KPRO. All "old" files you can still access, but they come from the vault.

In the second step you move the files from vault to KPRO, this will take much more time, because the files are copied from VAULT to KPRO. So it depends how many and how large your files are.

regards Iring

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Iring,

What do you mean by this statement

All "old" files you can still access, but they come from the vault.

Do you mean after migration all original application files stored in "Vault" are still accessable through SAP ECC( Though each individual DIR) after migration?

Lets take example.

I have 4 records(DIR),which has 1 original file store in Vault

100001 000 00 - FILE1.xlx Vault

100002 000 00 - FILE2.xlx Vault

100002 000 00 - FILE3.xlx Vault

100004 000 00 - FILE4.xlx Vault

Now when I run the program, all the meta data will be migrated in first step

100001 000 00

100002 000 00

100002 000 00

100004 000 00

In second step

FILE1.xlx , FILE2.xlx, FILE3.xlx, FILE4.xlx will be migrated to Content server in KPRO, where the storage category is say for eg "ZDMS"

So after migration the situation will be like this

100001 000 00 - FILE1.xlx ZDMS

100002 000 00 - FILE2.xlx ZDMS

100002 000 00 - FILE3.xlx ZDMS

100004 000 00 - FILE4.xlx ZDMS

Now when I clieck FILE1.xlx its will show me the original file stored in content server and not Vault.

Correct me If I am wrong in above statement.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mangesh,

yes the example you made is as it works.

First you migrate the meta data, but the files are still in VAULT and if you view a file, it is retrieved from VAULT.

Doing the second step the file are physicly copied from VAULT to content server (KPRO).

regards Iring

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Iring,

I did the steps as per the link.

My files from Vault were transfered to KPRO.

In Temp Dir> Directory path I maintained the Path of a folder on my Desktop

"_C:\Documents and Settings\Mangesh\Desktop\New Folder_". Is this correct path?

When the transfer for all documents of the document type have been executed successfully the system automatically sets the indicator "USE KPRO" in DC10 for that document type.

Before transfer all the originals details are available in DRAW table under fields

FILEP

DTTRG

DAPPL

FILEP1

DTTRG1

DAPPL1

After transfer the files, the originals entry is not appearing in Table"DMS_DOC_FILES - Filename of attachements linked to DIR".

But when I attach a file to any DIR, I am able to see all the files of that record. Is this standard behaviour or am I missing something.

Note:- I did this in first in IDES Server

Please guide.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

Edited by: MANGESH PANDE on Oct 11, 2011 9:45 AM

Edited by: MANGESH PANDE on Oct 11, 2011 9:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mangesh,

I think ist doesn't matter which temü folder you use.

I don't remember exactly, but I think the tabel dms_doc_files was already filled after the first step (DMS_KPRO_CONBERT).

But at least after the second step you should see entries here.

regard Iring

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Iring,

Thanks for your reply. But I am finding the table blank. But when I do any changes or add any extra original in a DIR, I get all entries in that Table. Strange isnt it.

I am still struglling with this issue. Please guide me with some inputs.

WIth warm regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mangesh,

check the tables DMS_DOC2LOIO and DMS_PH_CD1. In the first table you find a logical ID (LO_OBJID) to each DIR. With this id you find an entry in DMS_PH_CD1(field LOIO_ID). As far as I remember does the field "state" show you whether the file is in content server or still in VAULT.

regards Iring

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Iring,

Thanks for Quick Response.

I will check and get back to you.

By the one more question for you. For How many records (DIR's) did you run this program and how much time you required to Complete the Migration. I am asking this because I need to estimate the time for completetion of this activity.Hope Ypou have some inputs on this .

With warm Rearsds

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mangesh,

we migrated about 100000 DIR's. The first step was very fast, about 30 - 60 minutes. The file migration takes longer, because the files are copied from VAULT to content server. But the migration of the files you don't have to do in one step.

regards Iring

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Iring,

I have tried it and working fine.

Now in actual system the files are not checked in Vault ( Mostly 98%). Their Data caries shows stored on Mount Point/Logical Drive.

I tried with such condition on IDES, But the files were not transfered.

What do you advice.

Should all files be checked in VAULT and then Run the program "DMS_KPRO_CONVERT"

Also how did you tackle this condition if you have come across.

with warm regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mangesh,

sorry we didn't have files that where checked out.

I would try to change the document type to KPRO and then check in the files.

regards Iring