Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File To IDOC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating File To IDOC scenario .

I created my own IDOC "ZRZORDER" and imported it into my IR.

Now I am doing mapping between my sender data type to IDOC.

But in IDOC it is showing some extra fields like /ZRZORDER/IDOC/EDI_DC40/TABNAM,/ZRZORDER/IDOC/EDI_DC40/DIRECT...etc.

So how can I do mapping?

And these are all showing as mandatory fields.

Any kind of suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

Rabi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But remember those fields are nothing but control idoc of your idoc and needed them for processing your idoc...

Once you send the idoc to R/3 based on the data you pass in the fields SNDPRN(Sender Partner) , SDNPOR (Sender Port) and SNDPRT(Sender Partner Type) and MESTYP(Message Type) your idoc will get processed in R.3 else you will end up in error partner profile not found(56 -status)....

so even if you disable them you need to know what data you need to pass into those fields...for successfully processing your idoc...

To know how the values get populated into thosee fields check the below blog

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Thanks to you.

That mapping problem in this scenario is solved now.

But I want to know that is it necessary to use Message protocol as "File Content Conversion" in this File to IDOC scenario??

And if you can give me any link for this scenario that will be much helpful for me

Thanks

Rabi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

http://www.saptechnical.com/Tutorials/XI/FileToIDoc/FiletoIDocScenario.htm

i hope this link is hlepful for you.

regards,

ganesh

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

For file to idoc scenario is there any possibility to get line items details or xml details i.e the segments and its related field details using reference id, transaction id or interface name or message id in SAP PI 7.0. I know we need to click each and every message in sxi_monitor and look for details.

For SAP(R3 System) I can create a report and set the job for specific time period so automatically it throws the details(like reference no, document date, invoice no from) in ftp path as .csv file. The same ftp path is maintained in program.

I wanted to check FTP--->PI postings and I have set the job at r3 system it is working fine and Im monitoring it too.

Now the end to end scenario is FTP--->PI--->ECC(R3 system). Please help.Many Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

here is new document for IDOC TO FILE scenario..

http://jskcomput.blogspot.com/2013/08/idoc-to-file-scenario.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rabi,

But I want to know that is it necessary to use Message protocol as "File Content Conversion" in this File to IDOC scenario??

YES, it is necessary if PI receives a flat file from the Sender Application. Because the File Content Conversion is the proprietary way of converting flat file to xml.

NO, it is not necessary if you can ask the Sender Application to send an XML file. You can then directly pick up the flat file from the Source Directory.

But then, if the Sender can send XML there are better suited adapter in PI to get the XML inside. You can use http(s) or SOAP or WS.

kr

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can either give constant values and map to the EDIDC fields(be sure you should give correct values and it is case-sensitive). and then enable apply control record from payload in receiver idoc channel.

Else,use header mapping in receiver agreement.

Regards,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can Disable the EDIDC Segment and in Receiver agreement do the Header mapping by giving the Sender Component as PI ,

If you want pass the EDIDC Segment and Corresponding field values through payload then In Receiver Communication channel check "Allow Control record from payload".

monicabhosale
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you dont want to map that fields then you can disable that field even though its mandetory.just right click on target field and there is option disable field selete that.

After disable field you dont need to worry about that madetory field.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rabi,

Right click on EDIDC segment and click on disable field.

As these fields are populated by IDOC adapter during run time.

--Divyesh