cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP in Duet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Iam new to Duet. I worked on SAP Web Services using SOAMANAGER transaction and creating RFC function modules.

But regarding DUET, Please clarify me

1.whether SAP Webservices are used to enable end users to access sap services through GUI developed in

either java or .net.

2.Then what is the use of Duet. In what areas it gets differentiates with the Webservices along with RFC function modules.

3. In what areas, ABAPers need to work in Duet environment.

Thanks & Regards,

Murali Krishna T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

brian_finnerty
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Duet Enterprise is an development infrastructure to allow the customers build their own applications & business processes on it. You could image that it separates the presentation role and service hub role into Microsoft SharePoint and SAP Gateway systems.

When customers build their application or E2E process flow, they need to:

1. Design the business data provider logic in the backend systems (ERP, CRM, BI....), this is normally done in RFC function modules or BAPIs. (HTTP webservice is also possible, but in SAP ABAP, RFC could be converted to WS easily) The newly created data providers are registered as the Enterprise Service either locally (in SOAManager) or centrally (in ESR of SAP NW CE). The frontend is Sharepoint, and so is developed in .net.

2. Design the data module in SAP Gateway server and expose it as the Webservice for SharePoint BCS module (also export the BCS model data to SharePoint). ABAP developers and Application (MM) consultants are needed for this module.

3. Both SharePoint Server and Outlook could be regarded as the client to consume those services exposed on the SAP Gateway server.

SharePoint BCS knowledge and .NET development knowledge required for this layer, of course, it would be good to know the SharePoint Administration & Security knowledge as well.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks alot Brian,

Best Regards,

Murali Krishna. T