cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two envelope bidding

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Two envelope bidding is available in SRM PPS and also in SRM 7 ehp1.

Pls suggest what is the best option choosing which one to go for, if our requirement is to use bidding with two envelope.

Abdul Raheem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

If you requirement is only two envelope bidding you can every well use SRM70 EHP1. It also offers PPS features like tendering, EMD, simultaneous login in EHP1.

PPS is used by public sectors mostly and if you want funds management, grant management , smart numbers and so on , you have PPS as the only option

Hope this info helps.

Regards

Sam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

You can use the Two Envelop bidding directly in 7.01 by activating the business function - SRM_SOURCING_1. This will create new node in customizing - Extended RFx.

For PPS the customer needs to buy a license. You can go through the help link below to see if PPS has anything extra to offer based on your requirement that can't be fulfilled otherwise.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/en/f9/ae4af0294b42f6855ac6da552ceb93/frameset.htm

Best regards,

Lalit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SRM 7.0 version only we have SRM PPS -In that only Two envelope bidding option is available.

Currently SAP has released SRM 7.0 support Pack level 10

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

I am aware that PPS is available in SRM 7 and where two envelope bidding functionality is available.

the functionality also available in SRM 7.0 EHP1 which is now general availablity.

when you read the functionalities in EHP1 it is mentioned that we can perform two envelope bidding with out using PPS in srm 7.0

My query is if my client asks for only two envelop bidding functioanlity on what basis we need to choose to go for SRM 7.0 pps OR srm 7.0 ehp1.

Abdul Raheem