cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DR Site

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have SAP ECC 6 / Oracle 10g on HP Unix 11.31.

I have prepared a Test scenario for SAP DR solution for our Testing Server.

I have configured oracle dataguard successfully.

I have installed SAP ECC 6 on same server where oracle standby database is configured.

So in case of primary server goes down I can activate the standby database and start SAP instance.

Now I need a suggestion on connect to SAP while primary goes down.

1. Present Status : If primary goes down all users will be disconnected. I have already configured SAPGUI for connect to DR server in case of primary failure. So there are two connection on SAPGUI one is for primary and one is for DR server.

2. Is there any solution where I do not need to configure another connection on SAPGUI for DR.

3. In case of primary failure. Users are disconnected. But as soon as I activate standby server, Users can reconnect to server again.

We donu2019t want that users has to remember that on SAP GUI one connection is for Primary and one is for Standby,

Thanks in advance,

Nirav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

We perform this switch the DNS entries.

SAPGUI are configured using the server's FQDN, no IP.

The workstations are configured to use the DNS.

When we swith on the DRP site, we switch the DNS so the servers FQDN points to the DR site.

Best regards,

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steave,

you are right.

I have started working on it.

I wanted to know what about STMS configuration on DR server. because i have configure quality server for testing. and nothing on /usr/sap/trans folder i.e. on cofiles and data folder.

Regards,

Nirav

former_member182307
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nirav,

If I understand it the right way :

You'll have your production on DR site, while the other systems keep working on your primary site.

Your STMS must still be usable.

About the instances still on primary site :

If you use DNS and FQDNs also for the communication between dev, qual and production, then the DNS switch will do the work.

Your trans directory is usually an nfs share. You mount the share using fqdn. Everything is O.K.

On your DR site :

Your DR server must be able to route to your DEV and QUAL on your primary site wether using an /etc/hosts file or a DNS on your drp site.

Hope this helps,

Steve.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No there is no solution for it. You have to add new entry for it in SAP GUI as IP address for both the system will be different.

Thanks

Sunny