cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characters in Standard Template in Project not replaced in new project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I have created a coding mask : XOG..XXX.XXX.XX/XX-XX.000. With this coding mask I have created a standard wbs template , XOG.XXX.XXX.00/01. Now when I create a new project copying this template with project definition XOG.GRE.ADD.11/06, only the project definition has its characters replaced with the name of the project. The WBS' created still carry the characters in the standard template ie XOG.GRE.XXX.00/01. Is it possible to have the characters of the WBS replaced when creating a new project along side the project definition?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After copying the project on the screen click on WBS element button where system will ask replce with. here you maintain you new code.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

System will only ask for you to replace code if WBS with the same code exists already. Where the WBS code doesn't exist for an operative project, the option to replace doesn't happen or am I missing something?

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your Standard Project Definition is XOG.GRE.ADD.00/01 and bellow which you have created WBS element.

i.e. XOG.GRE.ADD.00/01

XOG.GRE.ADD.00/01-AB

XOG.GRE.ADD.00/01-AB.1

Now while copying from std template you have given your new proj definition XOG.GRE.ADD.16/06 and bellow WBS element are getting created so there is no need to change any character before 16/06 because your project definition and 1 level WBS element should be the same.

Still if you want to change ADD with different characters i.e ABC follow the following procedure while creating the project.

1. In CJ20N click on Copy project and enter your required project definition XOG.GRE.ADD.16/06

2. Select required project profile

3. Enter standard project definition XOG.GRE.ADD.00/01

4. Click on WBS Element overview (F8) instead of OK

5. Accept the warning messages

6. Then Click on Replace and give your required characters to replace with i.e ADD to ABC

But this will have your project definition as XOG.GRE.ADD.16/06 and your WBS elements starting with XOG.GRE.ABC.16/06

i.e. XOG.GRE.ABC.16/06

XOG.GRE.ABC.16/06--AB

XOG.GRE.ABC.16/06-AB.1

So there will be mismatch in project definition and WBS element codes. If your business is accepting it then you can create the same, but logically it is not correct.

regards,

Answers (0)