Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP - ITS portal - SRS prevent multiple logon

islam_fayez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dearest

I am asking about the way of preventing the user from login to the SRS web browser more than one time concurrently, like in SAP GUI i did that by applying parameter "login/disable_multi_gui_login" but could not find a solution to the same from SRS(ITS) point of view.

Please advise

Regards

Islam Fayez

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Dear Islam,

Please note that the SAP Enterprise Portal (EP) is designed to be the single access point for an employee - the single place where logon and logoff take place.

All applications launched by the EP (using the Application Integrator: via iViews) are "virtual portal applications" - it is intended to be entirely transparent to the user which backend system is hosting the application.

Thanks to cross-system Single Sign-On (e.g. using SAP Logon Tickets, or SAML 2.0 in future) the user will be able to use those

remote applications w/o being asked to provide credentials.

Thus, from a user's perspective, there's only one logon - the one at the Enterprise Portal.

Consequently, we do not consider the invocation of backend applications as logons - although (from a technical perspective) a validation of the SSO credentials does take place - as long as those invocations are triggered by an EP.

This is by intend. Otherwise, users would be irritated by "license warning" popups (caused by detected multiple SAPGUI sessions) if the Portal would launch multiple "SAP Transaction iviews" which refer to the same ABAP backend system. Actually, this was the case in the very beginning - and customers did complain about this, so we've provided

a correction which does suppress those "multiple SAPGUI session" checks for "SAP Transaction iviews".

Also refer the following SAP Notes:

139418 - Logging user actions

975004 - Limit Number of SAP GUI for Windows Sessions in the Portal

I hope i could clarify your doubt.

Best Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As HTTP is a stateless protocol, the server has no control over the user session. In fact the server does never know whether the user is still logged on or not. Hence it is not possible to avoid multiple logons.

Also, check the following links:

/thread/1854524 [original link is broken]

Regards,

Varun