cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What System Landscape for Point-to-Point communication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

i was searching for information about point-to-point communication and I'm a little confused currently. So maybe you can help me with some answers to clear up the confusion.

To use Point-to-point communication a Enterprise Service Repository is needed. And to get a Enterprise Service Repository a SAP NetWeaver CE or PI installation is needed. Is this right?

And to use the ESR as a middleware to use P2P communication what patch level does the ECC 6.0 need?

Hope you can help and provide some information.

Regards,

Tan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no idea?

The main question is if Point-to-Point communication needs any kind of integration server (like Enterprise Service Repository) or not.

And what Support Package Level is needed to use point-to-point communication. Does the SP-Level depend on the used service?

Ok, I found the answer to the questions, maybe it help some of you.

As I see point-to-point needs no integration server, and EhP5 seems to be neccessary.

My next question is about the Business Functions that come along with EhP5. So there are (point-to-point) web services but are there any SAP components for general ledger connection (SAP AFI - SAP FI interface)?

Edited by: Tan Yildiz on Oct 11, 2011 5:05 PM