cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Destination - Unicode / non - Unicode behavior

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our current production system the RFC destination from R3 to Xi is non-unicode.We have currently 300 Interfaces running using this RFC destination in production.

In few upcoming requirements for some 15 Interfaces some special characters will come from R3 to Xi system.In this case we need a unicode RFC Destination.

I have a query here , can i go ahead and change the existing RFC destination to Unicode or is it suggestible to create a new RFC destination only for these 15 Interfaces?

Need expert advice on this?

<<Text removed>>

Regards,

RK

Edited by: Matt on Oct 5, 2011 9:38 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

monicabhosale
Active Participant

Hello,

The Non-Unicode Single code page systems are supported by SAP for older applications for historical reasons - unicode was not available when they were released. These systems are restricted to only processing characters from their specific code page. This means their can be restrictions if they need to support language combinations that span multiple code pages - basically it is not possible. In addition some languages are not fully available at all for single code page systems like Thai. In addition the Euro symbol is not available.

Unicode is the future for all applications - SAP or otherwise. The significance at the moment is where customers who needs to convert to unicode to support additional business requirements like additional languages. Converting a system, although a simple process is not a trivial process in terms of time and resources.

So u can go ahead and change the existing RFC destination to Unicode .it will not create any prob. for other interfaces which are using non unicode setting.

Regards

Monica

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rk,

yes we can change the existing RFC destination to Unicode.

regards,

ganesh.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

I agree with the above you can change the existing RFC .

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can change the existing RFC destination to Unicode. No need to create a new one.

Regards,

Gouri