cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery Block reason code

Former Member
0 Kudos

how does the delivery block on a sales order know what reason to place on the SO if the order has been blocked for delivery.

I have a so that is OR and I have assigned a simple credit control of C to it so that it blocks on delivery if the customer credit has been reached,

when you dis[play the SO after saving, the delivery block will have a description but how do I control what goes into that field and what goes into it first or 2nd etc and where in config is that set.

any help would be great

Edited by: ady0wen on Oct 4, 2011 10:29 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ady0wen,

The deliver blocks will be defined in the transaction code-OVZ7.

Here we define the delivery blocks with meaning full descriptions including which functions have to be blocked.

For instance Order,Picking,Goods issue,Confirmation so on and so forth...........

Tease delivery blocks will be assigned to sales document header ( vov8) By configuration or Sales orders in (VA01) by users manually.

With help of descriptions only users can easily understand the delivery block according to its function.

please revert if you want any clarifications

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replay

But this does not fully answer my question. I need to know if I have a SO that is blocked for delivery due to credit checking, the reason that comes up in the delivery block field at the moment is "payment card missing" . I know this is decided from the config of the SO and that I can have the reason code showing or not.

Where can I create a new delivery block reason and how can I make sure that this reason is used when the SO is viewed after saving not on the initial entry stage of the SO.

On entry of the SO i need this delivery block field to be blank (not showing anything)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As already been told after defining delivery block reasons you should not select which document you want to block with them. so taht all of them will reflect in sales order and you can choose manually which is suitable.

Regards,

Pavan

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ady0wen ,

in the tcode vov8 of your sales order type, you will be able to see a DEFAULT DELIVERY BLOCK REASON.

based on the value assigned here, system will block the sales order for delivery by default.

Now blocking the delivery due to credit check has nothing to do with the DELIVERY BLOCK REASON.

The sales orders blocked for delivery can have no reason for delivery block and still have a block(due to credit check) when we try to deliver the same.

Hope you understood the logic.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Delivery Block Reason the path you have to follow is:

IMG-->Logistics Execution --> Shipping --> Deliveries --> Define Reasons for Blocking in Shipping --> Deliveries: Blocking Reasons/Criteria

Regards,

Mehul