Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM security

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using ChaRM 7.0 (via workcenters) and are just starting to do some testing.

We have created ChaRM security roles (ie. Tester, Developer, Change Manager) that we will be using. Most of this security testing is going fine, however we have come across one issue that is holding us back a little.

The scenario is a Change Manager (with Change Manager security role) gets assigned a Change Request for approval. However, when this person goes into the workcenter, they can't see any Change Requests. Other roles are seeing information in the workcenter with no problems. We believe this has to do with authorisations because when we give that role the functions from anothe role, this starts working again.

What should we be looking at from a security perspective to get this working?

The other thing is I am using tcode CRM_DNO_MONITOR to view all CRs, however, I am unable to see any data when I execute this report. I am not running any filters/layouts etc. so bit puzzled as to why this isn't working.

Regards

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would recommened running an Authorisation trace to find any problems with the authorisation of that role, which auth objects are accessed. Do you have a custom Change Request transaction (i.e. ZDCR)? If so in your change manager role have you created the role with access to this change document.

For example:

Object: CRM_ORD_PR

Business Transaction: ZDCR

Paul

Answers (0)