Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM - how to setup workflow emails

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently configuring ChaRM and have managed to get the process working. ie. get a transport from Dev to Production through the actions of a developer, tester etc. All governed by the role of a Change Manager.

We are now wanting to configure workflow, so that employees are automatically emailed when a Change Request/Document is ready for them to action.

Haven't managed to find any articles/instructions on how to setup this workflow. Can anyone share any url's or tips on how to do this?

Thanks

Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, I've set up an action so the Change Document is created automatically when the CR is approved. This is done by creating an action and scheduling this to perform automatically. I'm calling the following method:

SOCM_COPY_DOCUMENT

However, not everything is copied across from the CR. For example, the ibase and component is copied across from the CR into the CD. So is the Priority. But the Subject is not. How do I make the subject come across automatically?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Search in the IMG for Copy Control and read the IMG notes. Pretty straight forward.

Shaun, on a side note, you get 1 point for awarding points in the forum. You might start getting more people answering your questions if you break the 0 point level.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks again Jason, really appreciate it.

In regards to forum points, I've given plenty of people 'points' before. Even in this thread I've awarded points to people, including "Solved Problem" points to yourself. Have even given answers to other peoples questions.

So not sure why I'm still sitting on 0 points...

Anyway, cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is odd. Maybe you should ask a moderator. I personally like answering everyone's questions but I've seen people actually take the time to write they won't answer the posters question because they don't have any points. Yes, they take the time to write that they are not going to take the time to write an answer

a thought, maybe you only get the point after you mark your question as answered ???

Edited by: Jason Hickok on Oct 12, 2011 2:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

As for your other question

My final question - how do I find out what the "coding" fields are for certain fields in ChaRM?

For example, I have an ampersand code for CR Number, CR Subject, Posting Date, CR Description etc. I can't remember what these are off the top of my head but it's a string of text surrounded by "&" symbols.

I'm wanting to know if there's such codes for other fields in ChaRM, such as:

Reason for Change (text)

Change Description (long text)

Charm Requestor (we are using ZREQUESTOR)

etc.

Where can I find this?

I'm not really sure if they are available out of the box. The ones you mentioned are the standard ones. I've looked in the past myself a bit and never found the others. Let us know if you find anything.

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

bump

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jason, thanks very much!!!!!!!!!!

I am setting up the smart form and it's looking pretty good.

My final question - how do I find out what the "coding" fields are for certain fields in ChaRM?

For example, I have an ampersand code for CR Number, CR Subject, Posting Date, CR Description etc. I can't remember what these are off the top of my head but it's a string of text surrounded by "&" symbols.

I'm wanting to know if there's such codes for other fields in ChaRM, such as:

Reason for Change (text)

Change Description (long text)

Charm Requestor (we are using ZREQUESTOR)

etc.

Where can I find this?

Thanks!

Shaun

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you both!!

Paul - I've gone through that blog (which is fantastic by the way) and have followed the instructions.

It worked!

I just used a generic smartform so obviously will copy this and tailor it to our needs.

One quick question though:

1. The smartform was emailed as an attachment (which is fine). The subject of this email and the name of the attachment was:

Service Transaction w. Message

Where is this information being pulled from? Can I modify this so the subject/pdf name is whatever we desire?

Thanks again

Shaun

Edited by: Agent 009 on Oct 6, 2011 6:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's being pulled from the smartform. Select the form attributes icon on the left and change the description to what you want for the subject.

Also, if you put an ampersand in the field it will bring in your change document number. For instance "Urgent Correction & Created" would show up as "Urgent Correction 0000001230 Created" in your email subject.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Ypou might want to look over this blog

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

search for Automatic E-Mail at Status Change in SPRO transaction.

Regards

Abosi