cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer is in T-code CN41 and built a variant, but it will not save.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Customer is in T-code CN41 and built a variant, but it will not save. How do you save a variant?

Please help on this issue.

Thanks in advance

Nandha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stheurkar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can save variant in CN41 is as follows

enter CN41 transaction and follow the menu path given

View > Choose field > select fields as per your requirement & transfer it from right to left then continue

now click on save buttuon, you will get pop as "Save as Variant" click on Yes

now you can see Varaint Attribute screen here enter "Variant Name" and "Meaning" in meaning field you can enter vairant name.

now save.

after saving you will get message "variant xxx saved."

to see the report as per variant you have saved, again enter CN41 transaction, click on get variant buttuon (3rd buttuon), double click on varaint which you have saved. enter project definition no. & execute the report.

Regards,

Sandeep

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good answer Sandeep

Also when you are in CN41

use the green back arrow to exit

you should now be in the initial screen for CN41

hit the save button and you can save the settings you were just using for CN41 - choose save all parameters

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

some times it relates to authorization issue also. Any have let us know the exact error issue or message number if shown.

Regards,

PSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once the CN41 screen opens means the user has the authorization right so there is no authorization problem. what should be the problem to save a variant.

Thanks in advance

Nandha

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are objects associated with transactions that allow/ restrict certain functions within the transaction (like the save functionality). This provides a more granular control and the objects can be viewed using tcode SU53 as mentioned by Sreekanth.

You need to discuss this with your basis team to identify the relevant objects.

Regards,

Ammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check whether the user has proper authorization to create variants.

regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great response, I am having the same issue. How can I determine if the user's have the correct authorization to create and save variants for CN41...Also, when I try to save the selected columns, I do not get the window aking me to save variant.

The window that pops up when I click save:

Save Selection Version

Save Project Version

Save Profiles

??

Thanks in Advance for any guidance.

NA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to save a variant please follow the steps mentioned by Sandeep in previous posts. In your case i think you are trying the save icon inside the transaction and that's why you are getting the other options. As for the missing security, you can do a /nsu53 from CN41 and this will capture the missing authorization objects in your (users) profile. Once your basis team analyze this they will know what needs to be added to the user profile.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

You usually save a variant by pressing the save button. Can you kindly state the error that the customer is getting while saving the variant? Also state wether the variant is user specific or not?

Regards,

Ammar