Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while PGI due to SLED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I do PGI, I get the following error,

Best Before date/SLED 20.01.2007 of batch "1234" has been exceeded.

Stock data of serial number "1234" not suitable for movement.

I checked the Material Master, and the following values exist under shelf life data,

a. Min. rem shelf life - 0

b. total shelf life - 0

c. Period Day ind for SLED - D.

But in the Batch master, Batch creation date is 2.11.2004 and Shelf life expiration date is 20.01.2007.

Why is the system considering the SLED in batch master when it is not activated in Material master?

Please help me understand this.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have a remaining shelf life check active in your material master.

And in cusomizing it is defined for which movement types this check will be carried out.

This is usually done for a goods receipt to avoid receiving of too old material that will reach their best before date pretty soon.

Once you have received the material the date is stored in the batch record.

If your system is set to check the date when you do a 309, then you cannot do a 309 for a batch with an shelf life that has expired.

You have to extend the shelf life in MSC2N to be able to perfrom the 309. After you have done the 309, you can do MSC2N again an set the date to the old date.

Thanks

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the reply. But could you tell me how can we know if the shelf life is activated in the material master?

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the material master view: Plant Data/ Stor.1 there is a tab for Shelf Life data..if anything is maintained, it means it is activated.

Regards

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even if the maintained field value is zero as in my case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go through this thread, it will help you, it is more or like your business requirement.

Thanks

Aman

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You get the error message, because it looks there is batch search strategy record maintained in t.code VCH2. Check the values maintained here against the batch master-classification values (t.code MSC2N). If you want to resolve the error message, then either in the batch search strategy record or in the batch master, you need to change the SLED time.

Regards,

Answers (0)