cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rich Text - Interactive form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to put a Rich text editable field in an Interactive form with little luck.

My interactive form is a webdynpro based ZCI layout with Generated XML interaface.

My scenario is:

I have a editable rich text field in the interactive form, i need to save data entered there(with formatting) in a sap script text and then retrieve it later without losing the format that user entered.

i found a way to get the text entered in Rich text box using java script but it comes in xhtml format.

I need to get that into tdline format and save it using create_text.

again when user reopens the form, i need to read the text using read_text and convert to xhtml and present it back to user or any other way that serves the purpose!

the only solution i can think of now is write a couple of xslt transformations to do the conversions from ITF to xhmtl and xhtml to ITF but i am sure it will be a very time taking and painful process.

Any help will be much appreciated!

regards

Naresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This subject comes up fairly frequently. It is a big pain to implement.

Just search for my posts and you'll see several threads where this has been discussed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its asked frequently but its not answered clearly.

My text is created from the form and is only ever accessed through the form. So I am saving the text in xml format in the SAP Script text and loading it as xml to show it in the same adobe form or later in the print form.

follow the link below which is useful

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/designerHelp/index.htm?content=000838.html

i used saveXML and loadXML to acheive this.