Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Purchase price variance report

Hi,

Where can I run purchase price variance report from.

We are using standard cost method and we would like to get a purchase price variance report from GRPO.

Tkx

Shawn

Former Member replied

Hi Ghanbary,

I don't think you need such hassle to achieve this. You could query to OIVL (I assume you're using version 8.81?), and to achieve what you want here, all information has been provided in this table.

Let say for an example, if you have item A001 which costing you set as standard and the value of standard cost given is $100, while you receive this item in GR-PO with unit price of $120 and the quantity of purchase is 5, in OIVL will be stored like this:

ItemCode = A001 (item code)

InQty = 5 (GR-PO quantity)

Price = 120 (purchase price in GR-PO)

VarVal = 100 (even the price variance stored here, variance here is total variance for all quantity of this item)

SumStock = 500 (quantity * standard cost during this GR-PO)

Therefore, you could retrieve the standard cost for each GR-PO even you change your standard cost regularly by dividing the SumStock with InQty (500 / 5 = 100). Is this enough to assist you?

You could make your own query, adding parameter here and there, joining with table OPDN and PDN1 to make it nicer and show you more detail information, but the most important piece of puzzle stored in OIVL. If you want a complete query, you could inform what column and data you want to retrieve.

Best Regards,

Hendry Wijaya

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question