cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Metadata repository asks for login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We just completed our BW technical upgrade to BW7.3 SP03.

After the upgrade while accessing the Metadata repository via RSA1. It is asking me to re-enter the log in credentials of the BW system. This was not the case earlier. Can you please help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks,

Regards,

Vasavi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Hi Vasavi,

The Meta Data Repository is completely new in 7.30. It is based on a WebDynpro Application which can be either called separately via a Web Browser or from within GUI transaction RSA1. In the second case the Repository runs embedded into RSA1 but is still a separate web application on the back-end and requires an extra user session. If you have Secure Network Communication enabled between SAP GUI and the Web Application Server, it is possible to eliminate the second log-in by letting the HTML-Control in RSA1 to pass the GUI Logon ticket to the WebDynpro Service. In order this to work you must apply

SAP note 1653226.

Please note that if SNC is not enabled, the Web Dynpro Service will fall back to basic authentication mode and will require a second log on whenever the current user web session has expired (at least once per RSA1 call).

Hope this helps.

Mario

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Seems that Metadata Repository functionality has changed in 73. Now it is WebDynpro based. Therefore it ask you to login. You also need to activate its service in TA SICF (path: SAP/BC/WEBDYNPRO/SAP/RSO_METADATA_REPOSITORY )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

thank you for the hint but the first we had done was, to activate this service.

Initialy there was a message to do this. After this we see only a page which tells us that the page can't be shown. But no further help now.

regards,

Peter

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

As you already activated service there might be sth else missing. Check your settings in TA RSODADMIN.

BR, Martin

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vasavi

Please check the followings..

From T-Code RSTPRFC -

> Select your BW Client

Check what is the background user name .... Like ALEREMOTE.

Then check what is the type of this User id ( Like Dialog /System/Communication/Service).

If it is not System ( type B) then ask your Security/Basis team to change it to System or Service ( Type S) and then try to browse to MetaData Repositiry.

Please share the test result

Regards

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I checked this and our user is a Service-user....

regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vasavi!

Have you found a solution for this problem? We have the same after upgrade to 7.3. What we found out is that there are differences on different frontend patchlevels. But I can find no final solution.

Best regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could not find any SAP Note for this issue! Worth to open a message with SAP.

Regards