cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot launch SQL Server management studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi people,

I cannot launch the sql server management studio. In the event log, appear the next entry:

Faulting application ssmsee.exe, version 2005.90.2047.0, faulting module msvcr80.dll, version 8.0.50727.4053, fault address 0x0000e7a2.

What can i do for repair this? Uninstall the sql instance? This affect to sap system installed?

Other options?

More thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check note...

684106 - Microsoft runtime DLLs

However, for SAP Releases 4.6D EX2, 6.40 EX2, 7.01, and 7.10 and

subsequent releases, you should download the installation program

vcredist_<platform>.exe (Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

Package up to SP1) from the Microsoft Download page and, after

uninstalling any previous C-runtimes execute it.

regards,

John Feely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

What is the MS SQL Server version and SP level ? Which windows server is it - 2000/2003/2008 - 32bit/64 bit ?

Is the database/SAP up and running ?

I got to see another old thread for similar problem from you. Is it a regular problem or just something happened recently ? Any configuration changes/any activity related to MS SQL Server or any OS changes done recently ? But as the link suggests in your old thread, may be you can give it a try or try upgrading the sql server to a higher SP level ?

If you are an SAP customer, I would suggest you to open a customer message if the problem is urgent and in productive/live landscape.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Database SAP

You´ve reason, but i don´t remember that i´ve open this thread.

The MS SQL Version is 2005 with 9.00 4035. The windows server is 64 bits with 2003 server.

At the moment, the DB and SAP are up and running. I don´t know when this happened, but one day i can´t to access to SQL Management studio, and I could see in the event viewer this error message. In the services.msc the MSSQLSERVER appears starting.

But i´m afraid to deinstall any MS SQL Component and to leave the system down.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben,

I would say, better if you go ahead to raise a customer message instead of going for an unorthodox workaround.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Check event viewer for the error logs.

Try to access the SQL Server installed not in the database server since

you can be connected to the SQL server even in other machines or computer just install

the SQL Server to other computer lets try if it can.

Worst scenario will be re-installation of sql server and re-installation of the Windows OS server.

Re-installation will take just hours.

Thanks.

Climt