cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Gamification in business change initiatives

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - has anybody seen or used any of the ideas of "gamification" to improve business change activities during an SAP implementation project? As one of the objectives of gamification is to drive user adoption/loyalty, it seems to be that it should have a place in an OCM tool kit - any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bryan,

I am the driver behind the SAP internal gamification community of over 400 that Amy mentioned. Would love to understand more of what you are looking for. I publish a lot of enterprise gamification examples on my private blog [www.enterprise-gamification.com|http://www.enterprise-gamification.com], maybe that's a good starting point for ideas for that specific topic area.

Let me know...

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bryan,

This is a topic of much interest to many of us within the OCM practice at SAP. We have some customers who use points to reward their end users for various activities, such as completing an eLearning course, responding to stakeholder or risk analysis surveys, posting on blogs and boards (such as this), etc. Level achievement typically results in a badge or gamification title, and may even result in a small physical reward or privilege. I've spoken with a few customers who are exploring taking it to the next level, and using actual gaming (think virtual worlds, MMOs, role simulations, and more) as part of their acceptance and learning approach. To date, I've not found anyone who has rolled it out, just ones in research mode. Hopefully someone will step forward in response to your question! There is also a large community (400+ members) within SAP who, on their own time, are exploring ways we can use gamification for a wide variety of purposes, including OCM. Stay tuned!