Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap or File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario ECC......>PI........>FILE

RFC SOAP

We are signing and encrypting xml files ,in order to do this we need soap adapter because we get security parameters options but now instead of sending this signed and encrypted file to webservice can we send it to file directory of the receiving system

If i use RFC to file scenario ,i dont get any security paramter option for file adapter,so I ahve to use soap adapter but how to send it to file directory of the receiving system

But if I use file adapter then how xml will convert to soap meeesage

I want to send a soap message from PI to file system of receiving system(not to web service)

Please Advise

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Possible.Use Async SOAP to File scenario. Do mapping soap mesg to file and drop the file in the file system.

Soap sender comm channel use quality of service - EO.

Create inbound and outbond async service interfaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Thank you for your reply,

As per your suggestion if I use Soap to file scenario ,what about the rfc data comming from ECC system,

I am really confused

Should it be RFC to File,Soap to File or RFC to Soap

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

As you are required to use security parameters, It is possible with SOAP adapter. So, you can expose your RFC as webservice and implement Async SOAP to File scenario.

Regards

Priyanka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What happens when we expose RFC as web service,and how to use it,as a reminder we are not using any web service

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do async sync pattern with or without BPm.

RFC ---> SOAP --> File

Without BPM: Using Adapter module RequestResponseBean and onewayresponsebean

Refer this [wiki |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File(Without%20BPM)]and follow this design for your case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Thank you response

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File(Without%20BPM)

From the above link ,i am really unable to figure out my scenarion

Please anyone explain me about RFC >SOAP>FILE scenario

I have an idea till RFC to soap and not from soap to file(Please explain)

Please

Thanking you

Pooja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar

As per expert suggestion ,i am following the link

Please answer my queries

as per document :BAPI - BAPI_COMPANY_GETDETAIL. The scenario works like this- XI receives the file ,do the request mapping send the request to BAPI get back the response from BAPI do the response mapping and write it to the file.

In my scenario: the scenario works like this- XI receives the Rfc data,do the request mapping send the request to Ecc(RFC)get back the response from RFC do the response mapping and write it to the file.

Question:

How is the payload sent to file system,do soap adapter have any option like file adapter to specify the target directory and path,if not how the soap paylod is sent to file system

Answers (0)