Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID field in MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are in QA now.

We have done some data migration activity in QA.

and the ID field (AutoID) has reached 1743 in QA.

When Movement to production, i will be deleting all the records in QA.

Take an Archive and Unarchive it Production.

In Prod we perform a actual Data migration.

But when i do this the ID will increment from 1743 and not from 1.

How to reset it to 1 when loading freshly , after deleting Old records.

Also are there any Precautions/ Basic Actions needs to be performed or kept in Mind during making thngs LIVE!!!

KR

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

You can use one of the following option to ensure that Auto ID in Production starts with 1.

1. Take Schema only archive and unarchive in Production.

2. Delete Auto ID fielda and recreate. Ensure to backup all the field details before deleting. - I have already tried this and it works.

3. Reset directly in Database.

Production checks:

1. All Repository level configurations. e.g. Remote Systems, Ports, Number Ranges. workflows, assigments, validations etc.

2. All *.ini file settings. Includes archive, distribution directory settings etc.

3. Connectivity check with MDM if you have Portal / PI or any other component in your landscape.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Amol.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

As suggested in the other posts you can reset/recreate MDMID field.

Just curious,any particular reason you wish to keep it that way,a business reason or some thing?

Coming to 2nd part of your question-

-> Make sure data is not lost and data count is same between systems.All the exceptions have been handled.

->Review that roles and privileges are proper as this is one area which gives recurring issue post go-live

->Take special care if you are using multiple main table of syndication maps with property "Suppress unchanged record - SET",unknowingly data can get syndicated this way.

->Review your configurations i.e.Maps,Portal screens,privileges to users in WF/Screens/table level/functionality level etc.

->Also make sure all the environments are in sync,this can really save the day for you when you wish to replicate an issue and troubleshoot apart from other reasons.In your case post MDMID change the same should be replicated to other environments.

and yes, All the best

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

You can use one of the following option to ensure that Auto ID in Production starts with 1.

2. Delete Auto ID fielda and recreate. Ensure to backup all the field details before deleting. - I have already tried this and it works.

3. Reset directly in Database.

Production checks:

1. All Repository level configurations. e.g. Remote Systems, Ports, Number Ranges. workflows, assigments, validations etc.

2. All *.ini file settings. Includes archive, distribution directory settings etc.

3. Connectivity check with MDM if you have Portal / PI or any other component in your landscape.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can i know the reson why i need to take a Archive with Schema Only??

I useually take an Archive of Repository and Unarchive it in target location.

What is the difference in your approach!!!

KR

John

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

According to me The diffrence is .

1) Schema Archive : takes a dump of all the backend config's like table details , validations .assginments , workflows etc, (Does not include Data)

2) Archive Repository : Is taking a dump of the existing data and config all at once.

Regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would go for Deleting the AutoID field and Recreating it.

thanks for the Resonses.

KR

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I am not quite sure so just try this out.. Please delete firstly this Auto ID field and then re-create a new Auto-ID field. May be in this way you could have Auto-ID counter restarts from 1.

Otherwise From Database, you can reset this Auto-ID counter from 1.

Kindly revert with findings.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini