ID field in MDM
we are in QA now.
We have done some data migration activity in QA.
and the ID field (AutoID) has reached 1743 in QA.
When Movement to production, i will be deleting all the records in QA.
Take an Archive and Unarchive it Production.
In Prod we perform a actual Data migration.
But when i do this the ID will increment from 1743 and not from 1.
How to reset it to 1 when loading freshly , after deleting Old records.
Also are there any Precautions/ Basic Actions needs to be performed or kept in Mind during making thngs LIVE!!!
You can use one of the following option to ensure that Auto ID in Production starts with 1.
1. Take Schema only archive and unarchive in Production.
2. Delete Auto ID fielda and recreate. Ensure to backup all the field details before deleting. - I have already tried this and it works.
3. Reset directly in Database.
1. All Repository level configurations. e.g. Remote Systems, Ports, Number Ranges. workflows, assigments, validations etc.
2. All *.ini file settings. Includes archive, distribution directory settings etc.
3. Connectivity check with MDM if you have Portal / PI or any other component in your landscape.
Hope this helps.