SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Academic Scale

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have defined a Linear Quantity scale (3000). Here A equals to 5, B+ equals to 4.5, B equals to 4, C equals to 3 and D equals to 2. While uploading marks using PIQSMFU, i am getting following errors. Grade symbol A is not allowed in grading scale 3000. System is not accepting any grade value between A - D but accepting numeric values like 5,4,3, 2 etc. Again it is not accepting 4.5 which is equivalent to B+. I tried to interchange value and scale value but result remains the same.

Upon changing the scale to Quality scale(2000), it accepts all grade symbols between A to D. I am not sure what is the source of this error.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

When we set up our scales we used the Quality Scale for any scale that had the Alphabetic notation A,A-, B+, B, B- etc that equated to 4.0, 3.5, 3.0 etc. We use Linear Quality Scales for things such as test, with has a numeric "grade" value. All of our scales that we enter an alpha "grade" value is set up as a Quality Scale.

0 Kudos

Hi Bev,

Thanks for your response. I configured Linear quantity scale as of business requirement. My client is using two scales for a 2 stage program of study. In first stage all students are considered pass (eligible to enter in 2nd stage) when they score 65% and above. In second stage they have to score 50% and above. So, as indicated in SAP Help docs i configured system value as 65000. The base value for one scale is zero and for other scale it is 30. System is reading these base values and equating with system scale of 65000 and giving proper results as pass or fail. However in PIQSMFU it is not considering any grade.

May be because (as indicated by you) it is not accepting these gardes (alpha) for Linear quantity scale.

What could be the alternate solution.

For more details please go through the link given below:

Thanks once again.

Warm regards

Vinod Kumar