cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System date/time change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The date/time of a test-system was changed (moved of two weeks) for need of test

(today this system shows the date: Thu Oct 20 14:18:23 CEST on 2011).

Now I wish to modify the system-time of this server (AIX 6100-06-05-1115).

What would be the consequences of this change on the functioning of SAP?

Many thank

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP is recommending not to switch time backwards while the system is up and running.

There are a few SAP notes dealing with the switch between summer and winter time; for a start:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/7417

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

Many thanks for your help, I will try it and see.

Best regards

0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

we do want to change the system date in our sandbox system, to facilitate the testing scenarios for the users.Please provide me some document on how to change the system date.

Regards,

Satheesh Kumar N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun,

There is only one system with one unique application server.

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know that there's no way to avoid short-dump, if you take back the server time. But, in general, because of your are running on single host, you shouldn't face a short dump. Please take into account you may face a problem, not only because of the system settings, but also the application business logic. For example, the application may not be handle time changing and may lead a short dump.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orkun

My purpose is indeed to put back the system date/time from 'Thu Oct 20 14:18:23 CEST 2011' to the today current date/time.

How is it possible to make it without having problems of dumps ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How many systems you are running on? Do you have any additional application server?

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From technical point of view, setting future date and time will not make a trouble, but taking back the time may lead short dump on the system. Additionally, you may have duplicate documents and records when you take back the date and time.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik