cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL working but CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL_V2 isnt

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Guys,

I have configured CCMS alerts in my solution manager system. For alert management I have configured both the methods

CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL_V2 and CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL.

Strangely CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL is working fine and the alerts are being sent to the email but CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL_V2 isnt.

Problem with CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL method is that, I am not able to customize it. The subject line of the email being delivered is not customizable and I need a workaround.

Any pointers or any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Rahul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theres hardly info here... whats the problem?... whats your config on CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL_V2?....

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Sorry..Providing the parameters below.

1. CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL

SENDER: (valid user id)

Recipient: (valid distribution list)

Recipient-typeid C

2. CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL_V2

SENDER, RECIPIENT and RECIPIENT-Typeid are same as above

Additionally i have given the below parameters

SUBJECT_ALERT: $SID: CCMS ALERT:

SUBJECT_ALERT_CONT: $NODENAME

Thanks!

Rahul.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't see any issues as long as the addresses are valid

And what happen when the alert is triggered?...

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I mentioned, the CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL is working fine with the same set of addresses.

I see the subject header as CCMS alerts SMP 20111002 232226 where SMP is my solman system and not the satellite system.

I needed that customization hence was going for CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL_V2 method but with no luck. Somehow with the same set of parameters it doesnt trigger any alert emails.

Thanks!

Rahul.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you set parameter REACT_ON_ALERTS on CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL_V2?

Check,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/27/cbdf3b8dc95136e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Isnt that an optional parameter?

Anyways...Its set to RED in my case.

Thanks!

Rahul.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does the mail arrive to SOST at all?.... also have you tried without using special charaters in the Subject?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. It doesnt arrive at sost at all.

I havent tried without special characters because my CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL was working anyways without them.

Do you know BTW any procedure by which we can atleast change the subject line which is delivered by CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL method? I have tried several parameters..nothing works :(.

Thanks!

Rahul.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If no mail reached SOST means it was not triggered.... what is the status of the alert under the monitored MTE in RZ20?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I havent configured anything in rz20.

I have configured the alerts for satellite system in dswp --> Operation Setup --> Setup System Monitoring.

However I am sure that alerts are there because for the same set CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL is working properly.

Am I missing something????

Thanks!

Rahul.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check RZ20 i the satellite system, if the status of open alert is ACTION_REQUIRED then alert has not been sent, if the status is ACTIVE then the auto-reaction was executed.

Just as a coincidence a new blog has been released with details that might interest you.

Read,

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I am tying to configured CCMS alerts in my solution manager to send e-mail for RZ20 alerts. I did used CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL I can see It is working when I teset to send e-mail form sap.

But it is not working to send alerts form RZ20.

I did uesed this help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/2c/abb2e7ff6311d194c000a0c93033f7/content.htm doc.

Who did you configured CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL to send alerts e-mail?

Did I mis something?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you are doing the settings in 000 client of your solution manager system.

1. Schedule the CONNECTALL periodic job.

2. Make sure that your scot configuration is correct.

Please provide the parameters that you gave for the method.

Thanks!

Rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

THANKS FOR REPLY. Now I did the settings in 000 client on SOLMAN.

What du meain with provide the parameters that you gave for the method?

Thanks!

Reza.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The parameters as in the parameters for the method. you should have 3 fields there

sender

recipient

recipient-type

Please provide these values. Refer the below help for the same. Also as I said earlier your scot settings should be proper.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/abb2e7ff6311d194c000a0c93033f7/content.htm

Thanks!

Rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rahul,

Yes I did This part and scot settings. i can test my e-mail connection and it work, my problem is when I Assign Analysis Method from RZ20. I get no e-mail for alerts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reza,

I didnt configure my alerts in rz20. I did that in rz21.

Technical infrastructure --> configure central system -->assign central auto reactions.

Rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for replys,

My scenario is. I have 4 sap installation, BI, PI, erp and crm I do monitoring this installation in Solution manger on RZ20.

I want to send a e-mail for critical errors. Is it possible to send E-mail for RZ20 on solman when solman get red alerts form source system(PI,BI, ERP,CRM)? Or I should do it in solman on RZ21?

Reza

Former Member
0 Kudos

you should do it in rz21. rz20 is for local alerts only.

Thanks!

Rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Rahul,

I do it on RZ21 on solman.

Reza

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

You can use that parameter in your method also.

In addition you can refer to note 796998 for your subject line problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Arpita

Former Member
0 Kudos

didnt work :(...It stopped the mails that were coming as well.

former_member328919
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul,

Could you please, tell me what method you choose in

Technical infrastructure --> configure central system -->assign central auto reactions.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

To change the the subject line for Method CCMS_OnAlert_Email_V2, you can try the parameter SUBJECT_ALERT under parameter tab.

Before changing the parameter make sure you make a copy of that method.

Thanks & Regards,

Arpita Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arpita,

I have copied the method already and making changes to the copied one. However, there are 2 questions that i am looking answers for

1. The method CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL is working but CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL_V2 isnt. Dont know why?

2. How can we change the subject line of CCMS_ONALERT_EMAIL method not the other one.

Thanks!

Rahul.