Did you mean: 

Work around to force trigger Accounting documents for Billing documents

tabraiz_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue very similar to:

[|]

The invoices number range were changed recently and few documents created during that time range did not create the accounting documents. Now, if I try VF02-> ReleasetoAccounting, it says:

"Incorrect doc.no.: 98020923. Select document number between 3000000000 and 3999999999."

Is there a workaround here to re-trigger the accounting documents for these Cancellation documents(Type S1)?

I've also tried cancelling them, but I get the below error message:

"For billing type S1, no cancellation billing type is maintained"

I've found a few hits when i searched the forum but none talked about a workaround.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tabraiz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tabraiz,

"For billing type S1, no cancellation billing type is maintained"

From my knowledge, S1 is a cancellation document.

Why are you trying to cancel a cancellation document?

I strongly believe that there is a process mistake.

order based or delivery based Invoice -- > cancellation invoice --> again fresh invoice based on the delivery or order.

This should be the flow.

I guess you are trying to cancel the cancellation invoice, which is not needed.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

tabraiz_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hegal K Charles,

The issue we had is, there was a change in the billing documents number range a while ago in the system. During that transition period somehow few invoices and cancellations did not produce an accounting document. Now, we're trying to either create an accounting document - which the system doesn't allow since it thinks the old number range isn't valid anymore or cancel the cancellation documents that did not produce accounting documents and produce fresh cancellations with the new number range.

Thanks,

Tabraiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Assign a cancellation Billing type for your billing document and cancel the existing billing documents. and create the billing documents again. This is better.

Regards,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To cancel the canceled document..pls refer to OSS note Note 388489 - Cancellation of a cancellation document.

Regards,

Raghu.

tabraiz_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I've checked the note, it states the below steps for the solution:

1) Implement Notes 331771 and 363717 first if they are relevant for your release.

2) Implement the attached program corrections

3) Branch to Customizing of the billing document types and enter a cancellation billing document type for the affected billing document type of the cancellation document itself.

I was wondering if only the step 3 will be enough to cancel the cancellation invoices. I am still not sure what is the significance of point (2) here.

I haven't implemented a SAP note so far, have you encountered this problem, and have you implemented the whole three steps?

Thanks,

Tabraiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I haven't encountered this issue..however, I think you should start with step 3 first and if it doesn't work..

then you can look at steps 1 and 2.

Regards,

Raghu.

tabraiz_khan
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you. I'll give this a try.